Sunday, August 01, 2004

MAN OF CONSTANT SORROW (Well, not really a man, and not so much sorrow either)

How's this for irony? I've been having problems with my Blog since thursday evening. I've tried to post, but the status section says that "There Are Errors". Of course, when I try to click on the "detail" button, I get nothing. My computer blocks the pop-up window that gives me the info, and when I use the bypass of the pop-up killer, it still won't work. Well, I finally -FINALLY- found out that I didn't have enough webspace for everything I've got on my website, so I go in and clean out a ton of things and rearrange some stuff and the Blog from thursday, the Prozac ones, finally published! I was glad, because I was going to be able to make the entry I had been trying to put in since it screwed up. Well, yesterday, Steve had one of his "I need to build stuff and rearrange my computer" moments and he moved our network hub (or whatever let's me have internet access in the office) and now I don't have internet on my computer AND I don't remember what seemed so important to post! For the love of Pete... Now, I'm using Steve's computer in the man room. I'm sure he loves this.

Another irritating thing, is that I bought the first Mac software that I've ever purchased because part of the suite was a program I just found on Jason's computer at work called "GarageBand". It allows you to write you're own music and mix it. Well, I bought it, got it home, tried to install it and didn't realize (frankly because I didn't read the box close enough) that to install GarageBand, you have to have a DVD drive, and I don't have that on my laptop. Who knew that you would need both a CD drive and a DVD drive to install the same piece of software! Macs are confusing!!!!! SIGH. So when I get my internet access back so I can update my drivers and such, I will be able to install everything BUT what I bought the stinkin software for in the first place. Steve says there is a small chance that there may be a way to install it through the network or whatever, so here's to hoping! : )

On a lighter note, I am starting to understand how to use a few things in Photoshop that I didn't know I could do! See, I had a Photoshop project on Friday in Graphics and I couldn't concentrate on it. Part of the reason was that I was tired and had a headache, and the other part was that Jason was looking over my shoulder and he makes me nervous. I mean, he isn't scary or anything, but he's so freaking talented that I feel bad trying to do anything while he's watching because I know he could do it so much better. Don't worry, it's a self imposed shame, he didn't say anything. It's just intimidating!!! Anyways, I was fooling around with it last night and realized that it wasn't as hard as I thought, so I was able to make at least two versions of what I was supposed to do, so hopefully I will be able to send that to Roderick sometime this week.

Speaking of Graphics, this is my last week as an intern! I'm going to miss everyone up there so much! We always have fun, and I've learned a lot about politics while being up there. It's all very biased, but at least I'm getting it from both sides! : ) I haven't had much to do up there lately, but I've still enjoyed it. Oh well, I will also enjoy getting a couple of whole paychecks too!


No comments: