Monday, August 09, 2004

Weekend Recap!

Who wants to hear about my weekend? You do? Well, here we go!

Friday marked my last day as the graphic department's intern. *sniff* I'm actually going to miss everyone up there a lot, although I don't think they believed me when I told them. Anyways, I did a voice over for the AC video that will be on the new Space Camp website, and that was fun. I didn't sound bad at all, except for the fact that I can't say the word "stars" without sounding really southern. We also had sushi, which was interesting, and Snicker Bar ice cream, which was fabulous. I'd never had sushi before, but Steve loves it, so I was determined to try it. I didn't like the seaweed wrappy thing, but everything else was fine. I was having to gut each peice before I ate it. That would be a great diet for me. Just wrap everything I eat in one of those seaweed things, and I'd leave it alone! : ) After I left work, I mowed Rhonda and Lee's yard, and Steve and I went to see Spiderman 2. I really enjoyed it, but the end made me mad. If you haven't seen the movie yet, just skip this part: I know that we are supposed to be glad that Mary Jane and Peter Parker finally get together, but she LEFT THE GUY AT THE ALTER!!!! You just don't do that. She knew she didn't want to marry him in the first place, so why embarrass him like that?! Geez. Anyways, that made me mad, and I don't care if we are supposed to be glad that they finally hooked up! I don't particularly feel sympathetic to people who treat other people like that. Granted, it was just a movie, though. : ) Actually, I found out later that he turns into a bad guy in the comics, so that made it easier to bear.

Saturday I had to work, but after that Shannon, Josh and I went to the mall to see Latonya's little boy in the "Back to School" fashion show. He was so cute. They also had the high school girls there modeling, and dang, I've never felt quite so short and dumpy as I did standing next to them. To make us feel better, Josh took us to the Godiva stand, which was right by the stage, and we ate chocolate in front of the models. I don't know about them, but it made ME feel better. Then we all got together later that evening and went to dinner and to Barnes and Noble. I don't know what it is about bookstores, but I can spend forever just walking around looking at stuff. Shannon and Greg stayed at the house later to watch "Hidalgo" which was surprisingly good, and then we watched a Chris Rock stand up show. Kenny and I talked about Chris Rock the other day, and I still stand by my opinion that he isn't that funny. In fact, after watching that show, I think he's less funny than I did before. : P

Sunday, of course, was church and we also went to my parent's house for lunch. Aunt Peggy, Uncle Ken, Janice and Danny came over and it was so nice to see them again. I don't know when the last time I saw Danny or Uncle Ken was, but I don't think I'd seen Janice and Peggy since last christmas, or maybe the christmas before that. It was a lot of fun. After church that night we had dinner with a bunch of people from church and then we went to see "The Village". I kind of felt a little gyped after it was over, but the more I've been thinking about it, the more brilliant it was. I love M. Night Shama-however you spell it. He's my most favorite movie director/writer ever!!!!

Well, that was it. very exciting! : )

No comments: