Wednesday, August 18, 2004

I'm not in a very good state of mind this morning, so forgive me my complaining.

Before I begin, though, I need a little prayer if you don't mind. I'd rather not explain why, so if we could just call it an unspoken request, I'd appreciate it.

My yogurt exploded on me this morning. Let me repeat that. My YOGURT exploded on me. You might be asking how that could happen, but I assure you I don't have any idea. Not only did I have yogurt on me, but when I tried to scrape the little foil thing off so that I could throw it away, the stuff landed on my desk instead of in the container. I'm boycotting yogurt for a few days.

There is a lady that works with me who has had a bad cough for about six months, I would guess. It's kind of a plegmy-underwater cough. Very pleasant. She swears it's the pollen and her allergies. I personally think it's her pack a day or more smoking habit. Call me crazy.

An incident in my office yesterday leads me to vent on a rather special kind of annoyance. The people who actively look for people to feel sorry for them. You know what I'm talking about. The people who talk about how bad their life is, or how unfair things are for them, or who talk about wanting to commit suicide. Most people jump right in and give them all the attention that they want. Now that I've seen the pattern, I don't say anything. It's just too predictable. You probably think I'm being horrible, but it's very obvious to me that they may feel a little down in the dumps, but that life isn't that bad for them. They just want attention, plain and simple. Trust me, when you try to give these people even the slighest bit of constructive advice on how to make things better, they don't listen. All they want is for you to focus on them and feed their demons. I'm not going to do it anymore. I can tell when people are really upset and when they are just being drama queens, so I'll just wait until they really have problems to try and help. One of the worst things in the world is to get all concerned about someone and realize that they just wanted attention.

No comments: