Monday, August 23, 2004

I'm feeling philosophical this morning.

I wonder what made me who I am? I mean, what things happened to me to make me feel and think the way I do? I realize that you are constantly being influenced by the things that happen in your life, and I can see where some specific things may have effected me, but there are some things that I don't have a clue about. It would be nice if you could have a book for your life and if you have a question about something, you could just look it up in the index and find out: 'OK, fear of African Snow Giraffes. Page 32. *flip,flip,flip,flip* OH! Saw movie when I was five where African Giraffes attacked a bus load of tourists. Huh, weird.' Ah, who knows.

Weekend Update!

Friday night we had a Teacher's Appreciation supper at church, and since I'm on the hostess committe I went in to help cook. I love working with those ladies in the kitchen! We have so much fun joking around. I felt kind of bad that more people didn't show up, but it was fun anyways. I also scored some left over chicken fingers, so that was good too! : )

Saturday I had to work, and then we went to Rhonda and Lee's house to work on the yard. It hadn't grown too much since there wasn't much rain, but I cut the front yard and the sides. We went to dinner with them at Casa Blanca (excellent Mexican food, by the way) and we went window shopping. Steve and I went to Target after we left because I had a major chocolate milk jones.

Sunday was church, of course, and then to my parent's for lunch. We also had a reception for our new Youth Pastor, Paul Whittfield, and his family. I'm excited that they are there now. They seem like really nice people, and we really needed someone there for our youth. Steve taught them for a while, but I couldn't do it. I completely suck at teaching anything, much less something as important as the bible. I used to teach children at church, but they stopped listening to me. I like to work behind the scenes much better. I also have tons of people asking me to join the choir, but I wish they would stop. I'm actually flattered that they think I can sing well enough, but I just don't want to be in the choir for several reasons, none of which anyone will listen too. SIGH. Oh yeah, and I'm also now the Church Historian, so I'll be archiving and recording everthing that goes on! How fun is that?!

Well, that's about it! Yeah, I don't lead a very exciting life... I think I say that every week! : )

No comments: