Friday, March 07, 2008

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) Steve and I went to see "Fool's Gold" last night. It wasn't a cinematic masterpiece, but it was a fun movie. It also never hurts to see Matthew McConaughey (a.k.a Texas Man Candy) without a shirt on. :) Granted, he always looks like he needs a bath, but he's awful purty. It made me want to learn to SCUBA dive. I was going to take the class that the dive instructor for Space Camp offered, but she did it last May on Sundays. With graduation and a couple of other things I couldn't get out of, I had to miss it. Boo! Well, maybe one day. I say that a lot, though. It's not that I don't have the desire to do things, but it usually becomes inconvenient.

2) Tonight I'll be staying with my brother, Tommy, because my mom has a date. A date. My mom. I'm not upset about it or anything, it's just weird. She actually asked me if it would be OK to go out with this man, whom is an old high school boyfriend of hers. I know she was asking to make sure I wouldn't be upset about it, but I didn't really know what to say. I mean, she's my mom...she can do whatever she wants in my opinion. However, part of me (the evil part that peeks out every so often) wants to tell her she has to be in by 8:00 and if they stand by the front door for more than 5 minutes before coming in or him leaving, I'm going to come out and clear my throat and tell him that I think it's time he was going home. Paybacks! :) I also know that she asked me to stay with Tommy so I can meet Grant, even though she didn't say that. It would be much simpler for my sister to come and stay with him since she lives about 10 minutes away, but I don't mind doing it at all. I'm fine with that, but I hope she isn't too worried about my opinion. I'm sure she wouldn't go out with someone that wasn't decent, plus, I tend to be more honest than some people appreciate. If I don't like him, I'll tell her. At any rate, color me a bit weirded out today.

3) I just found out the other day that I like asparagus. I'd never had it before. I'm glad there is another vegetable out there that I don't find revolting. There is hope for me yet!

4) I want to hold a puppy. I don't have to keep it, I just want to hold it.

5) After thirty years of being alive, and being able to read for 27 or so of those years, I finally realized the other day how to read the word "malevolent." I know this word, I can say this word, and I know what this word means. However, I have always read this word as "male-violent" which didn't make sense, but I didn't think anything of it. Now I get it. Go me!

No comments: