Monday, March 17, 2008

Well, I met my mom's boyfriend Friday night. I never thought I'd be saying that without ending my story with "...and as soon as my dad gets bail, we are scheduled to be on the Jerry Springer Show a week later."

Actually, I don't know if she considers him her boyfriend, but he's the man she's been going out with every once in a while. He's a really nice man, from what I could tell. I went over to stay with my brother after work while they went to dinner, and I finally got to meet him. I'm not sure what he was expecting about me, but my mom said he kept on telling her "You have a sweet little daughter." I'm glad he didn't think I was a screeching harpy, at least! :) They didn't stay out very long, so Tommy and I didn't have a chance to get into any trouble. We just ate McDonald's and watched cartoons. It was very mellow.

I didn't do much else this weekend, really. I slept a lot when I should have been cleaning, but I don't care a bit. I made cupcakes from scratch, but forgot to put the baking soda in them, so they didn't rise very much, but they still tasted good! I also started my window project for the bathroom. Steve replaced the old window in the front bathroom, but we had thrown out the window blinds a while ago, so there is currently nothing in front of the window. I hate that, so I got some of that "Stained Glass" paint and have copied a Frank Lloyd Wright window and am currently trying to transfer it to the window in the bathroom. If it turns out well, it will look good! I hope I don't screw it up!

Sunday night I sang during the evening service. Steve picked out the song "He Is Alive" for me, and I've been holding on to it for a while until I got a chance to sing near Easter. It was a hard song to learn and I didn't feel very comfortable with it at first! It's not like a regular song with refrains or choruses. It's a long song that tells the story of the resurrection from Peter's point of view. I had to have all of the words in front of me, and I still lost my place once, but it wasn't bad. I think I might have offended two ladies somehow because they walked out in the middle of my song and didn't come back until I was finished. I feel bad if that is the case. Oh well, I was able to do the song and everyone else seemed to enjoy it.

That was pretty much my weekend. So, there you go. :)

No comments: