Monday, March 10, 2008

WEEKEND UPDATE!

FRIDAY: I spent the day running around making signs. Stupid me had gotten a request for some things a couple of weeks ago, and either I stroked out or I am the most oblivious person alive, because I apparently only read the first line of that request! Oy. It was an extensive list, too. :( However, in the true fashion of awesomeness, I finished everything that was requested and a few other things. Take a minute to bask in my glow. Heeheehee. Of course, all good things must come to an end. At some point during the afternoon I had a good, old fashioned anxiety attack. That is the complete opposite of awesome, which I'm sure you know if you've ever had one of them. Usually I can calm down fairly easily, but this one just went on and on. Since the weather had gotten messy, and my mother's date cancelled, I went home and did my best to unwind from it. I had been invited to what turned out to be a great party, but the weather and my state of mind prevented the travel. I'm sorry I missed it, though. When I got home, I took two of my Zoloft pills (low dosage, don't worry.) However, I have been trying very hard to ween myself off of them. I hate them. I mean, sure, they keep me from wanting to beat people to death with French bread, but they have some bad side effects for me that I want to be rid of. I'm down to taking only 1 pill every 5 days or so. When I took two at once, that didn't sit well for my body. Not only did it do nothing to calm me down, it made me feel like I had the flu. Fun stuff. :)

SATURDAY: I didn't sleep well the night before (one of the pill's side effects) so I was kind of blah the next morning. I was still very tense from the anxiety attack, but it was starting to fade. I needed to get my oil changed in a bad way, so I took Lois to the local Express Oil Change and let them do their thing. Everything was fine until I looked up and saw that my car was surrounded by about 6 different mechanics, all looking confused. That is never a good sign. One of them kept dipping his finger into some kind of black sludge and showing the other guys. I couldn't see where it was coming from, so I just assumed it was oil. He dipped his finger again and brought it over to me and asked if I had seen it before. I said "Is it oil?" He said, "No, this came out of your coolant tank." Ewwwwwwww. I don't know anything about cars, but I know that a coolant tank shouldn't have black sludge in it. I still don't know what it was, but they had to flush my coolant system. What should have taken about 20 minutes and $35, stretched to an hour and $130. BOO! I had planned on going to the grocery store, but with the extra money I spent at the oil place, I had to go home and re-evaluate my shopping list. I decided I could wait on the groceries, so I had lunch and watched the Rob Zombie version of Halloween. It was actually really good. I mean, sure, it was disturbing and more than a little violent, but it actually sort of explained Michael Myers problems and made him more of a sympathetic character. If a purely psychopathic killer with no conscience can be sympathized with, that is. It's probably horror movie fan blasphemy, but I think I liked it better than the original. I fell asleep after it was over and had a good little nap. Steve had been gone all day, so when he came back he told me we were meeting Josh at P.F. Chang's for dinner at 9:00. We had so much fun! Josh brought a friend of his from church and Steve, Anthony and I got to know him. His name is Ben and he's really nice. :) By the way, P.F. Chang's is yummy. We closed the place down and even had a good long conversation with our waiter. I think his name was Kyle. It was late when we got home, so I went directly to bed.

SUNDAY: Went to church, of course, then to mom's for lunch. We came back home, went back to church and then had dinner with Steve's dad. Sundays are very food oriented, as you can tell.

Oh, yeah...
In case you were wondering, the congratulations from my last post was for my cousin, Greg. He just got a new and better job! I just thought it would be funny to not mention who it was for since my whole post was about inside jokes. Not that it was a joke or anything, though.

Shut up, I thought it was funny.

No comments: