Monday, February 16, 2009

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) Over the weekend I was thinking about the movie "It's a Wonderful Life." It's interesting to think about what life would be like if you hadn't been born, because we all affect people, even in the smallest degrees, just by taking up space in the world. George Bailey saw how much worse off everyone would have been if had had never existed, which was awesome for him. However, wouldn't it suck if you were shown what things would be like if you never existed, and it turned out that things were much better? You'd be all: "Wow, he's still alive? They got married and became missionaries in the Congo? She cured Cancer and Ebola? He was elected president and now we have world peace?!" Yeah, there would be no coming back from that. Maybe that's why we never get to find those things out!

2) Last Friday I helped my boss out by dressing like an alien and running wild through Rocket Park. He is on the planning committee for the Addy awards, the awards for regional advertising and graphic design, and they needed an opening video for the banquet. It was actually a lot of fun, except that we had to wear those close fitting rubber masks and I am terribly claustrophobic. We also had to "hijack" golf cards and go rip-assing around the park while we were being filmed. That wasn't so bad, but the eyeholes in my mask were a bit too close together and I couldn't wear my glasses, so we're lucky that I didn't flatten any tourists or kill my boss (who rode along with me). When I finally got to take the mask off, my hair was wet from condensation and sweat, which was disgusting. It was fun, though. I've asked for a copy of the final cut so I can show you guys my great acting abilities. :) I was also informed this morning that the department bought all of us involved with the video a ticket to the event, but I'm not sure if I'm interested in going or not. I should probably go and schmooze with designers much more talented than myself in hopes that something creative will rub off on me! Normally these tickets are expensive, and I wouldn't have bought one for myself. Oh well, we'll see. I know when and where it will be, so I can decide later on in the week if I'm up for it!

3) I had a nice, calm birthday this year! Since it was on a Saturday, I didn't have to worry about taking off from work, which was good. I watched TV, ate whatever I wanted, went shopping and took a nap whenever I felt like it! When I wasn't doing any of those things, I played around with the iPod Touch that Steve got me for my birtday! We had a good time. It was a nice day.

4)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the video. Glad you had a good birthday!