Monday, February 28, 2005

Cartoon Moments

These are moments when there SHOULD be hidden cameras in my home. Steve and I have this little low table that fits into the corner of our living room. We moved it into the guest room to make room for the Christmas tree, but never moved it back. This weekend I was trying to straighten up, so I moved the corner table into the hallway, to the left of the bathroom door, until Steve and I could figure out what to do with it. While taking a break, we were in the living room watching Garden State (good Indie film, by the way, and Zach Braff is adorable) and I had turned off all the lights except for the little one by the door in the room where we were. I ran out of the room to go to the bathroom and about the time I get to the hallway I hear Steve say, "Don't trip over the..." and FLOOMP! I'm lying face down on the the top of that table. It hit me right above the knees and I just went over. I had to lie there for a moment to make sure that I wasn't broken, all the while listening to my dear husband laughing so hard I thought he was going to throw up. At any rate, I didn't harm anything but my dignity, and as you all know, I didn't have that much dignity left. : )

This weekend was busy. We have yet another appraiser coming to our house, so I tried to clean up a little. Well, actually, a lot. We don't have time to do much because of school and stuff, so I was trying to clean up the kitchen/dining room area. I was finding stuff from Christmas that I had never moved. It took me almost 4 hours to clean up the kitchen, and I still didn't get all of the dishes done. However, I did mostly clean up everything, washed the tablecloth, and moved in the white drawer thingie from the yellow bedroom into the dining room and filled it with candles and random junk that would otherwise be in the way. I also did laundry and begun the excavation of the guest room. Warning: when you have a room you use as a stroage locker, it's going to eventually become a mystery to even you. I literally found clothes that I forgot I owned, and threw away a ton of stuff too. I've still got to go through some things, but all in all, I did a lot in just a couple of hours in there. It didn't help that The Color Purple was on, so I'd have to run into the bedroom periodically to see the good bits.

Sunday was lazy for me. We didn't go to my parents, and I had totally forgotten that our sunday school class was going to Cathedral Caverns, and Steve had a lot of homework to do, so I took a nap. Sunday afternoon naps are severely underrated. I had planned to work on some homework of my own, but I thought "Nap or homework?" Nap won hands down!

Well, I need to get back to work. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

No comments: