Monday, February 21, 2005

What a weekend.

No, nothing exciting happened, it was just...weird.

I had to work on Saturday, and Steve and I had plans to go see Josh's play at the school that night. Steve's parents were supposed to go, but Rhonda got sick and she and Mr. Lee ended up spending the evening at the emergency room so that they could see a Dr. It's a good thing too, because they found out she had a blocked bile duct and had to do surgery. She's fine now, though, but I'm sure she'd still appreciate a few prayers. : )

The play was very good, and Josh looked great in his big bishop hat. I got so tickled at him because as he started to walk out of the scene he started blessing the audience. : ) Afterwards we all went to Red Lobster (yum) and then Steve and I went home.

Sunday, Steve and I got a call from Mr. Lee letting us know about Ms. Rhonda, so we stayed near the phone until we left for my parent's house to eat lunch. It was funny, we got a call from Lee at about 1:00 telling us that Rhonda was having some tests run, and then we got a call from him again at 4:00 letting us know she had just come out of surgery. We were all, huh? We didn't know until later that Steve's phone had wondered out of area, and that there was a message from Lee telling us that she had gone into surgery. We went to see her and to give her a birthday gift (Happy Birthday, Rhonda!) and see how she was. She was on the good drugs, so we left her to sleep and went home.

All weekend I was having these bizarre dreams. I'll say it before and I'll say it again: I shouldn't eat before going to sleep. The one last night was sad. It was a variation of a dream I have often. I dreamed I went to a mall or somewhere, but instead of going with a bunch of friends, I was there alone and it was only a coincidence that I was there at the same time as one of the friends. I waved to them and they came over and railed me out for following them around and told me to go away! Normally it ends up with me and my friends getting together and taking pictures (kind of like a weird, subconcious Mentos commercial), but instead it made me feel bad, and I left and ended up hanging out with a bunch of strangers and watching cartoons. It was really odd. At least no one died in this one. I hate it when people die in my dreams!

No comments: