Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Hmmm...Interesting.

A couple of days ago I got an unusual comment on one of my Blog entries. Here it is verbatem:

************************
Kelly,

I am a one of the mysterious creatures known as Wall Trolls. We are not Pixies, Elves, Fairies, Leprechauns or Gremlins. We live in the walls and attic of many homes, including yours. We normally live quiet and peaceful lives, so we do not usually interact with the outside (human) world. Because of the tragic events surrounding the annual celebration of the birthday of the oldest living member of our family, I elected to tell you how your oven was turned off the other day and give you a warning.

Every year we celebrate the birthday of the oldest living family member. The location of the celebration is shared among the many families that make up our clan, "The Spider Clan". We are called that because we have 8 fingers, four on each hand and a thumb for a total of ten digits. (Except me, the thumb on the left hand is missing due to an accident in you blender.) There is a movement afoot by some of the rouge members of the family to change the name of the clan to the "Decaclan" because of the two thumbs. But I say what good are two thumbs if they are on backwards?....Never mind all that! I was saying that this year was my family's turn to host the birthday party for Grandpa Bemelin who was 128 years old on Thursday. Grandpa Bemelin prefers ice cream cake over frosted cakes or cupcakes. So we got the family all together and were having the birthday party for grandpa. We choose to have the party in the oven since it the best place for all of us to gather. It has a light and is fairly clean, plus we can swing from the racks when we play. We noticed when we gathered that the oven was warm but we went ahead with the party anyway. When we brought the ice cream cake out and it started to MELT! Cousin Lemelin climbed out of the oven to check and found that it was still on! He turned it off, but the damage was already done, the cake was ruined! Grandma Bemelin was so overcome that she fainted and fell against the heating coil and singed her beard and burned her eye. Now she can’t blink it very well. Needless to say the event brought so much distress to the whole birthday celebration, we were shamed in front of the entire clan and were told we would never be allowed to host another one. Our only way to repay you is play tricks and jokes on you. So, if you hear a noise, or if Butler barks at “nothing” or things aren’t as you left them, then know that we are extracting our revenge. If you contact the authorities we will hide so that they will never find us, and we will have to resort to hire the mercenaries called the “Gremlins”. They will take the revenge to the next level. BE WARNED!

Signed:

Ringwal of the Wall Troll Spider Clan. a.k.a “Lefty”

****************************************
Now, when I got that reply i was a little taken back as I was sure we had sprayed for Wall Trolls already this year, but apparently they have been propagating for generations behind our walls. I am SO going to call our pest control company!!! At any rate, now I know who turned off my oven, and I'm relieved to know I'm not going insane. I'd also like to send a reply to Mr. Ringwal and thank him for not letting my house burn down.

Mr. Ringwal,

I would like to apologize for ruining your party and for your grandmother burning her eye. I've never been responsible for someone not being able to blink before. It's an odd sensation! I don't mind the tricks and jokes as long as you don't shave naughty words into the dog's fur again. Now that I know that was you, I owe Steve a huge apology. I will do my best to leave the oven off from now on, so feel free to have as many parties there as you see fit, as long as you clean up after yourself when it's over.

Oh yes, and if you are the one responsible for hiding the mates to my socks, and I do not find the missing ones in the laundry basket when I get home, consider that an act of war!

Your's always,
Kelly

: ) Thanks for the good laugh!

No comments: