Saturday, February 12, 2005

I'm so freakin' bored.

I am at work today, and it feels like the minutes are dragging by so slowly. We had to move from the trailer yesterday because of a potential electrical issue that COULD cause a fire, and we've been trapped in the back up call center in the museum since yesterday afternoon. I don't think it would be so bad if there were pictures on the walls or something, but we're basically in a narrow white room snaked with cables and computer equipment. At least we have the internet now. The last time we were up here we were using computers that would only run our DOS reservation program. I had bad 9th grade Apple 2 nightmares. I'm only supposed to be here from 9:00 until 1:00, and it's only 11:30 or so right now. I think I've aged seven years in these past 2 1/2 hours.

I've been reading a web site called "Tudor Place" and it is an exhaustive family tree of the Tudor branch of the English royal family. It's actually really very interesting, if you're into that sort of thing. I've been reading books about Queen Elizabeth I and Anne Boleyn, so I wanted to find out how much truth there was to the stories I was reading. That family was messed up! Also, I don't care if Henry VIII was a king, he was a jerk that could have benefitted from a kick in the butt. Of course, he could have you beheaded, so that's probably why that never happened!

Steve and I have to go sign some paper work in Decatur later today and I have to get my tire checked. If this day gets any more exciting, I might blow an artery. SIGH.

No comments: