Monday, February 07, 2005

Super what?

Nah, I didn't watch the super bowl. In fact, I did my darndest to avoid anything football related yesterday, and I pretty much succeeded until Steve flipped the channel over after we watched a DVD. I think a bird team won or something. I have no idea why the Super Bowl is such a big deal. Of course, I am not a football fan and I don't care to be around a group of them if a game is on. Maybe if I cared, I would understand.

Maybe I'm just getting old. I'd rather stay home and read, watch tv, or make something than go out anymore and if I do go out, I just want to go somewhere calm to sit and talk. Josh thinks I'm boring. Heck, Steve thinks I'm boring. Maybe I am. Eh, who cares? Personally, I think that if you can't be content at home, you can't be content anywhere. That's just me, though.

I've been reading this book about the reign of Queen Elizabeth and a man named Robert Dudley who was trying to get the queen to fall in love with him so that he could marry her and be powerful. I got to a part yesterday that was good, but Steve and I had to leave for church. I grabbed the book thinking that I could read a little before church started, but I never thought to take off the dust jacket. It dawns on me too late that no matter how innocent the content, a book called "The Virgin's Lover" probably is going to look bad to someone who only sees the cover. I had to keep it hidden!! Le Sigh.

Speaking of Josh, he is going to be the Bishop in the Huntsville High School presentation of The Sound of Music. I have been making his big cross that he is going to wear, and I have to make his fishermans ring. He is going to be one pimped out bishop. I'm afraid if I'm not careful, he'll look more like Flava Flav than anyone even remotely holy. : ) He wants me to make one of those stick things that they carry around, but I'm Baptist and I don't know what it is or what it looks like. I just know that it's some kind of staff with a curled over end. Anyone want to help me with that?

No comments: