Thursday, February 03, 2005

No more crack for me...

After class, I was walking out of the gym and I had my mat carrier slung across my chest with the strap in the front and the bag in the back. It looked and felt like I was carrying a quiver, you know, like you keep arrows in. As I was walking out, I had an unholy urge to play a quick scene from Lord of the Rings and pretend to be Legolas and shoot one of the gym managers with an imaginary arrow. Luckily I was not insane enough to do it and I made it out of the door without incident. Good thing, too. I'm a good shot with those imaginary arrows.

I had a little time to kill after my graphics class, so I went to Hobby Lobby to get some paper for the church scrapbook. I know absolutly nothing about scrapbooking, so I'm wondering through the asiles trying to figure out what everything does. Before I knew it, I was surrounded by scrapbook enthusiasts...Soccermoms, I just know it. Apparently there is this whole multitude of people who record each and every aspect of their lives by gluing things into a book along with cute little stickers, glitter, grommets, and fancy things made from bent wires. Now, as an arty kind of person, I have some of these things at home, but I had no idea the extent of this whole scrapbooking movement. Now I will attempt to record church activities in an attractive, yet archivially proper way...with little shaped punch out thingies and fancy paper. SIGH, first the SUV, now this. If I start talking about naming any of my future kids something like Bailey or Taylor, just shoot me in the head.

No comments: