Thursday, April 20, 2006

I had to take a few moments away from the vinyl cutter before I threw it out of the window!



I'm helping to refurbish the OUTSIDE of the SR-71 Blackbird that sits outside of the SpRocket. You know, the big, black plane right outside of the lobby? Apparently sitting outside for 15 or so years with little to no maintenance has taken its toll and now it's been decided to make it pretty again. I've been cutting out the vinyl graphics, and the cutter went haywire and ruined about 5 or more feet of white vinyl, which we just got in yesterday. It's frustrating. I also wish I knew Korean so that I could read the digital display and be able to tell what is wrong with it! FLARN!

OK, enough of that!

I have some very exciting news! A very good friend of mine just completed all of his Masters Degree work and will be graduating soon! Yay, Kenny! *spirit fingers!* Normally, I would secretly lothe him for achieving this while I am still yet an undergrad, but he's worked hard and I'm very proud!

Steve and I went bike riding on Tuesday and I remembered why I both love to ride and also why I hate it. Mainly it's the bugs. The Greenway is located along side a creek that seems to always be covered with swarms of stuff. If you talk, you eat a bug. Very nice!

Yesterday was a critique in my Flash class and I am so mad at myself! Our assignment this last time was a choice between an "art animation" or a "moving ad" for the business of out choice. I had to originally ask for an extension because of everything that had happened, and I received one (along with the rest of the class), but I was having trouble thinking of anything to do. I came up with a couple of ideas for the art animation, but I was afraid that it wouldn't be what the teacher wanted. Finally, the day before class, I worked out an ad that was passible and thought I put everything together. Alas, although I remembered almost everything, I forgot to put in a copy of my thumbnails with my disk. SIGH. That's an automatic lots of points off! Anyways, we sat and watched the submissions, and all of the stuff I thought would be too lame to submit was exactly like most of the things everyone else turned in! Not that their stuff was lame or anything, but I just had a different idea of what I thought the teacher was asking for. I could have been done with the stupid assignment SUNDAY!

I hope it rains.

Back to work with me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If you talk, you eat a bug."

Which is way biking with you is so peaceful.

Steve

Tae said...

You officially suck more than normal for that comment! : )