Friday, April 14, 2006

MORE RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

*I read an interesting article this morning about a man who is being sent to prison for extorting money from an elderly Amish man. Apparently, this man knew that the Amish man had once solicited a prostitute and had convinced him that if he didn't give him money, pictures of both of them would appear on the internet. So Mr. Amish man payed him the hush money. You know, I'm sure I'm not the only one to think this, but why was the Amish man worried? It's not like anyone in his community would see them. They're AMISH!

*The weather radar lied to me yesterday. I checked the weather online and it said "partly cloudy", so I decided to go outside and apply the decals to the nurse's van (like I should have done weeks ago). Apparently, their idea of partly cloudy means no clouds in the sky and pounding sunlight and heat. Granted, it was only 80 degrees or so, but still! I can't help it. I'm a weenie when it comes to being hot. I can't stand it.

*Today is Jason's (the Office Sniper) last day with us here at the SpRocket. He is moving on to another graphics job somewhere in Decatur that pays him more and where he won't have to deal with everyone second guessing what he designs because it "Doesn't fit in with the market research we payed someone way too much to conduct." I've seen many of his very, very nice designs go to waste because VP didn't think it was cheesy enough (That's the only reason I can think of anyways). So, good luck, Jason! I'll miss having to dodge imaginary bullets!

*When I worked in the call center, I had brought in a microwave for the office to use. Two days ago, the call center staff was movied into a new area which didn't have the space for the microwave anymore, so I moved it up to my office. It doesn't look it, but that mother is HEAVY. I had to carry it across the parking lot and up two flights of stairs. I ended up with cuts on my forearms and sore muscles. I seriously need to go back to the gym! Of course, while I was carrying it up to the office, I came microwave-to-face with about a thousand camp kids. Honestly, it was the first time that the counselors asked them to move out of my way! I'm beginning to think I should carry heavy appliances more often, if to only get to my office a little easier. : )

No comments: