Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Weekend Update!

You'll have to excuse my day-lateness on my weekend update here, folks. I'm having trouble remembering exactly what I did. You know, I would imagine most people think I have some kind of severe chemical dependancy because of the way I forget stuff. However, I assure you that I am just forgetful! When I was in high school, I dated a guy for two years and couldn't ever think of his name. I ended up just calling him Punkins so as to not offend him. So be assured that this forgetting thing isn't a new thing for me. : )

FRIDAY

Friday evening Steve and I went to the home of a couple we go to church with. I stopped by Coldstone and bought another cake to take over there (this time it was the strawberry one: to DIE for) and we played a card game called Phase Ten. I realize that the game is not new, but I had never played it before. I'm not a big card player because I forget rules too quickly (see above paragraph) and can never remember what the symbols of the cards are. Luckily these cards just had big numbers on them, so I didn't get incredibly confused. Actually, I won the game! Go me *spirit fingers*! It was kind of late when we left, and I felt bad we had stayed so long, but we were having too much fun to leave!

Saturday was supposed to be a full day for me, but it went all haywire. Here was my plan: Get up, print the pictures of the Ordination service and print some lables, pack some books, run to Target and a couple of other places, visit a friend, go to a class reunion committee meeting, go home. I had it all very planned out and organized. Did it work that way? Not so much. I did get up...that part went as planned. As I sat down at my computer and started making prints of the pictures, I realized that for some reason the paper I was using wasn't working. It was as if the surface was cracking every time the ink would dry. So I tried some more things to make it work...only to make it worse. I still don't know what was going on, but I did find ONE sheet of photo paper that acted like it was supposed to. Printing lables on my Mac is impossible because no program I own has the software to do it. Not only that, but when I finally figured out how to format a spreadsheet to print the darned things, I found out that my PRINTER isn't formatted to print lables. I could have just spit! Steve and his dad were outside doing some yard work, and I think knowing that they would see me was the one thing that kept me from flinging the computer, printer, photo paper and everything else in arms reach, out of the window. I was two tents. ; ) At any rate, the computer problems kept me busy all morning. So I had to rush to Target to pick up the prescriptions I was there to get and rush home to drop them off before I went to Athens. Actually my trip out there was the one thing that went right that day! I went to visit Sara (hey!) and take her some books. I know I looked like I was moving in when I dragged that bag of books into her house, but I wanted to give her a selection. There is very little worse than books that you try to read and find nothing interesting. We also sat around and talked of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings. As I was leaving, the class reunion meeting was canceled, so I just went home. Well, I got lunch and went home. Steve had planned to go to dinner with Anthony, and since I had JUST eaten, I went to the coffee place to hear Pete's Corner play. That's my friend, Jason's (Punkins), band. I learned something important that night. If you ever want to find out what a goober you were in high school, talk to an old boyfriend/girlfriend! : ) We had such a good time talking about all of the stupid stuff we did back then. I never realized how completely embarrassing I was back then. I suppose when you're 14, you don't realize how over-reactive and dramatic you behave, but it is surely obvious when you look back on it from someone elses point of view! I'm lucky that he will still associate with me. Heeheehee. Anyways, that was fun.

Sunday was church and we had a special service of music and baby dedications in the morning. Once again, I was called upon to take pictures, but I didn't feel quite as bad for snapping during the baby dedications because it wasn't as serious. I'm also hoping the pictures turned out better than last time! : ) I used the mom's camera this time and I didn't mess with any of the settings, so we should be okay. After church we went to my parent's house to celebrate Logan's birthday. He's 12 now, so that makes me old. I kept thinking of when he was born and I had thought to myself "Well, when he's my age (16) I'll be 32." Of course, back then 32 seemed a hundred years away. Now it's only 4 years away. I'm going to have to have an early-to-mid-life crisis to get over this. You guys pick it: A tattoo, a sports car, or run away to New Orleans and become a tour guide at the cemetaries? Anyways, at night I had to stay home and work on my presentation for history class and that was the end of my weekend!

Very excitng, no?

THINGS I LEARNED ABOUT MYSELF THIS WEEKEND

1) I can tear up a piece of ice cream cake.

2) No matter how young I feel on the inside normally, my nephews can still make me feel OLD.

3) Also, they (my nephews) think I'm weird. I realize I'm okay with that. : )

4) Card games can be fun as long as you don't have to remember the differences between the suits.

5) I could live to be 105 with no major disasters and there will still be someone who thinks I'm capable of being manipulated by the passing words of a stranger.

6) I'm not allowed to have harmless, Non-Sequitar (?) thoughts without someone thinking they have some hidden and serious meaning behind them.

7) I hate computers. Hate them, hate them, hate them. Well, unless they are working the way I want them to.

8) I am more ready to graduate than I thought.

9) Weird things can make me feel incredibly self-concious and ill at ease, but the things that SHOULD probably bother me just don't.

10) I used to be incredibly thoughtless.

AND THIS ONE JUST CAME TO ME:

11) I should be working! I'm signing off!

No comments: