Monday, April 03, 2006

An Update.

I got a call from Steve about half an hour ago. The medical staff feels it's best not to do anything more for Rhonda and to let her pass peacefully. They will no longer be giving her any of the liquid nutrients and it was decided not to put her on life support to prolong her suffering. We don't know how much longer she will be with us. It could be hours or days.

I don't think I have to elaborate on how this makes us feel, but I did want to ask for prayers for our family from those of you who pray and for those of you who don't keep us in your thoughts.

I'm going to be with Steve and Mr. Lee soon, so please pray that I can get there safely and give them whatever comfort I can. I don't know how much good I will be able to do.

This is very hard, but we've all prayed that God's will would be done. We may not understand why things worked out this way, but it isn't always our place to understand. Personally I think that part sucks, but then again, sometimes it's best if we don't understand everything in life.

Thank you for all of the prayers and good wishes. Please just extend them a little further to get us through this rough time.

No comments: