Saturday, April 01, 2006

Pratt, Kelly. "SOMETHING THAT IRRITATES ME." Blogger. Volume 1. PP: 1. 2006.

I know I don't have very much room to gripe about unimportant things. What with war, poverty and illness going on. I'm not being held captive like Patty Hurst...uh, I mean, Jill Carroll. I'm not jobless or homeless and I own the two cutest dogs in the world. I'm blessed. I'm blessed way more than most people and I know it. No one needs to remind me that things could be worse. I know this. I see this every day in many, many ways. Maybe that's why the things that irritate me aren't serious things. I like it like that. I truly hope that doesn't ever change.

All that being said, I still have human emotions that get the best of me sometimes. Sometimes people do things that get under my skin and I can't help what ultimately is a knee-jerk reaction to ignorance. Therefore, I am going to gripe about something that bothers me. It's a small thing, granted, but I'm still going to complain. You have been warned.

I have noticed a new trend that makes no sense at all to me. My job takes me to many different parts of the SpRocket where most employees don't go. I sometimes have to go into Hab 1 & Hab 2, I'm on the MCC, I'm upstairs in the admin. offices and all through the museum. My point is that I'm eventually going to run into a counselor at some point. We have a whole new crop of councelors, both chicks and dudes. I don't normally interact with them other than a smile or a wave because they have a wall of loud, running, children that they are trying to herd together to get from one place to another. However, there are times when I'm working somewhere and one of the guy councelors will come up to me and say something, usually, "So...having fun?" I always try and be nice, because you never know when you will make a friend, you know? It's usually at this point that they look to see what I'm doing and notice the *Horrifying Scream* wedding band I wear. They don't think I notice, but I do. When I turn around to say something, they are gone. Is it just me or is that kind of insulting? Yes, I'm married. Yes, that means if you were going to sleaze on me I have a viable excuse to rebuff your sleaze. However, just because I'm married, it doesn't mean you can't still talk to me or be nice. I AM allowed to have friends who are men, you know. Steve has given me permission. : ) I was just talking to a friend about this yesterday, and it wasn't long after that that it happened to me again. So, they can't ask me out...they don't talk to me. Nice. Real nice. Thanks!

Oh yeah, and this is completely off topic. The word "Chaperon" wasn't mispelled. Also, you don't capitalize every word in a sentence. I know this, yet, I still have to make the sign that way because you think it looks better. No, that's fine. I don't mind having 8 people tell me it's wrong. I got the memo...my TPS reports will be fine after this, I SWEAR. Sigh. Look how shouty that made me!

Whew...I feel better now. : )

No comments: