Monday, August 14, 2006

...and now, what you've all been waiting for...

The Weekend Update! *CHEER!*

Friday: Friday was a strange, strange day. I don't know what was going on with me, but all that day I felt like I had taken a giant dose of Nyquil. You know that feeling, right? You're walking around in a daze, rubbing your eyes, yawning every five minutes or so and wishing you could just sleep? That was me. Maybe the Cullman Dairy Queen slipped a roofie into my blizzard or something, but I was a zombie. I kept thinking that I would wake up any second, but I just ended up staring very intently at the wall. Weirdness. Anyway, Steve thankfully came by and picked me up from work at 4:00 and when I got home, I lay down with a book and very quickly fell asleep. Well, almost asleep. I dozed anyway. Josh called and invited Steve and I to dinner with he and Anthony, so I woke myself sufficiently to take a trip across town to Rosie's Cantina. After dinner we went to Barnes & Noble and hung out there for a while. Josh and I shared a giant chocolate chip cookie and I bought 2 books. Excellent. :) I got a copy of "Emma" by Jane Austin and "Witches of Eastwick" by John Updike. Updike is a hack! I liked the movie, and I'm sure I'd like the book if it wasn't so mired down in exposition and unnecessary description. Since I bought it, I'm going to read it, but that author is over-rated in a big way.

Saturday: I woke up early with the intention of, once again, getting things done. Steve even woke up early and outlined his own plans for the day. We had breakfast (I made blueberry waffles, because I am awesome) and I got ready to go run some errands. I had to go and pick up some prescriptions from Target. We go there so much that the pharmacist knows me by name. I think I'm sending her kids to a very posh private school! : ) After that I picked up a few groceries and headed back to the house. I'd put everything away and settled back to read a little bit, and BOOM, fell asleep. Apparently the recliner is more conducive to naps because I was down for the count. I didn't even know I was tired! We had already made plans with everyone to go to dinner again, so I didn't get to sleep for long. In fact, to ward off a headache, I took some Excedrine which caused me to basically jitter my way through the meal. We had a good time, as we usually do when we're together. After we ate, we walked over to Ashley Furniture, where I think they hate us. Well, not all of us, but maybe just me and Josh. We have made it our habit to try every comfortable looking chair and couch, and we basically waller all over everything. It's my belief that if you are going to buy a new piece of furniture, you need to test it completely. Luckily, the sales people were in a good mood, and no one asked us to leave! : ) I did end up with a million mosquito bites on my feet, but it's a small price to pay for a fun evening.

Sunday: Sunday began fairly well. We had church and Steve and I had made plans for lunch with a couple from there. Wow, it sounds like all we ever do is eat! I like going to lunch with Christy and Matt. They are a lot of fun. Christy thinks I'm much funnier than I really am, so keeping her amused isn't hard. After we got home, I once again sat down with a book and BOOM, asleep again. Maybe I'm just reading really boring books. Who knows? What I do know is that when I woke up a couple of hours later, I felt like I had been forcibly deflated. Flat and sick, if that makes sense at all. I just lay there like a slug. Steve was in rare form and he was picking up the house and cleaning out the hall closet. Me, I watched it all from a distance. Steve went to church at night, but I couldn't get the energy to even stand up for very long. I finally got hungry enough to make myself get up and fix dinner, and I made myself put a load of dishes in the washer. I have no idea how two people can dirty so many dishes, but we had completely run out of plates. Very sad. Steve came home and we watched TV for a while, but I finally went to bed. Wouldn't you know it, when I got there, I couldn't sleep. I don't think I actually fell asleep until after 1:00 this morning. Maybe I'm being punished...

At any rate, aside from the apparent narcolepsy I have developed, I had a very nice weekend. Hopefully everyone of you did as well!

No comments: