Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Woo-Hoo!

While out on an errand for work, I stopped by the Off Campus Bookstore to pick up my history text book for this coming semester. $86.90 for a book about ancient Roman art history. All I have to say is that this freaking class better be RIVETING. At the checkout counter, there were boxes upon boxes of my favorite thing about going back to school in the fall, the CAMPUS TRIAL PACK! The lady said I could have some of each, so I have the one for him and the one for her. Let's check it out, shall we?

FOR HIM: The trial pack for guys is pretty slim this year. The folding cardboard boxes have been nixed for cellophane bags, which is probably smarter come to think of it. Inside was the normal pack of useless coupons which I threw away. Except for one, which is for a free 1/3 Cheeseburger from Hardees/Carl's Jr. is you buy a large Dr. Pepper. I will keep this for emergency hunger - not enough money situations. The pack also contained:

*1 sample pack of Excedrine - Excellent headache cure, even if it gives me the shakes.
*1 sample pack of Eclipse gum, Cinnamon Inferno flavored. Have not tried it yet, but sounds burney.
and
*1 sample of Fructis 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner. I assume guys got the 2-in-1 because they don't take the time to properly condition as a rule. Who knows?

FOR HER: The trial pack for girls is still pretty slim, but has a couple more things inside it. The toss away coupons (except for the cheeseburger one, of course) and:

*1 sample pack of Excedrine, which is going into my desk for work headaches.
*1 sample pack of Eclipse gum, Midnight Cool flavored. Hmmmmmm, wonder what midnight tastes like?
*1 sample package of Fructis shampoo AND conditioner, none of that 2-in-1 stuff for us! No sir!
*1 full size tube of Softlips vanilla lip balm. Excellent stuff! Tastes like cookies, feels all cold on your lips. Now I feel the need to go find someone to smooch on. Shhhh, don't tell Steve!
*1 sample of Britney Spears perfume Curious. HACK! GAG! I once yawned as I walked past an industrial automatic air freshener sprayer and it sprayed me in the mouth. I preferred the taste of that to the smell of this perfume. It smells like unhappiness, desperation, and the ladies room at K-mart! PLEHK!

Well, that is it. If any of this wows me, I'll let you know and you can go out and buy some for yourself! Or, you can go to the Off Campus book store of your choice and see if you can grab a few trial packs of your own! : )

No comments: