Monday, August 07, 2006

My husband is such a Mr. Smart guy...

I have a scar on my chest and I have no idea where it came from. It's been there forever, so I don't really think about it much. Occasionally it starts to burn/hurt for no reason, and it started doing that last night. I happened to mention it to Steve and joked "My scar is hurting again. I wonder if it's trying to tell me something, like we're going to have rain or snow." He looked at me and said "No, but we should probably worry that Voldemort could be nearby."

Quite honestly, I'm ashamed I didn't think of that myself.

So with that, it's time for the WEEKEND UPDATE! YAY!

Friday after work, Steve and I went home and pretty much stayed in for the evening. I made dinner and read the rest of "To Kill a Mockingbird" while Steve watched the A-Team. I really enjoyed the book and I can't believe that I had never had to read it for school. I had seen the movie years ago, but didn't remember much about it. If you've never read it, I recommend it highly. After a while, the sleepy medicine finally won out over the hyper medicine, so I fell asleep while Steve worked on his computer. When I woke up, I helped him cut a hole in the computer casing so he could affix a thingamajig (USB port, maybe?) and that was about it for my Friday. Very exciting stuff. :)

Saturday morning is a blur. Steve had made plans, so I had the house to myself and I don't remember very much of what I did. I sewed and watched "National Treasure," which I love, despite Nicholas Cage and his terrible acting. I had not planned on going anywhere that day because of the no sales tax holiday thing. When you live in Soccermom central, you don't get on the street during any type of shopping holiday if you can help it. Granted, I know that the no tax thing was probably a little helpful, but I don't think it could possibly be enough to warrant the barrage of SUVs and Cabbage-Patch-Doll-shortage like grappliing that went on this weekend. Steve had gone to Target to pick something up Friday night and had almost gotten creamed twice in the parking lot and couldn't get down a lot of the aisles inside the store. The ladies in my part of town are vicious when it comes to shopping. It isn't the kind of obvious aggression that you sometimes see in bigger cities during the after Thanksgiving sales, but it's the complete lack of consideration for everyone else around them that makes it so bad. Anyway, I decided that I wanted to go and get some lunch that afternoon, so I ran out to my car and dodged the neighborhood ladies pealing out of their driveways to get to the local Wendy's and sped right back home. Normally if I take the trouble to leave the house to go out that way, I at least make a detour to Hobby Lobby or something like that. Not this time! I got my food and got home as quick as I possibly could. It reminded me of something I saw once a few years ago. The father of a friend of mine had an aquarium full of Piranah fish. I think there had been other fish in the tank initally, but the mean fish had eaten them all except for this one little guy who constantly hid inside a little fake rock with holes in it that was at the bottom of the tank. When we fed the piranah (I don't think I'm spelling that right) they would all attack the food that we put in there, and the little fish inside the rock would dart out and snatch the crumbs that fell. That's pretty smart for something that has a memory span of about 5 seconds! I felt like that little fish that day, snatching crumbs and hiding back inside my rock for safety! Later that evening a few of us went to dinner and to see the "Talledega Nights" movie. I'm kind of two minded about the movie. I can really only say that there were some funny parts and some not funny parts. The funny parts were really funny and the not funny parts were really not funny. I know that doesn't tell you much of anything, but that's about the best way I can describe it. A lot of the funny parts were from the "It's funny because it's true" stereotype of NASCAR fans. I was seriously worried that I would see my sister and her family out there somewhere. The gay, French, ex Formula 1 driver was kind of dumb. His whole presence didn't seem to fit very well in the big picture. So I give the movie 1 thumb up and a nod for the line "I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!"

Sunday was normal. Well, not so much early Sunday morning. The new medicine that my doc gave me is supposed to have a weird effect on me until I get used to it. I take it at night so that I can sleep through most of the effects, but the medicine is very sneaky. Every morning at 3:00, I wake up. As you know, if I am woken up with little to no warning, I am a resident of CrazyTown until I get my bearings. That is what happened that morning. I must've fallen asleep on my hand because it was tingly when I woke up. To my foggy brain, that meant I was having a stroke. I lay there in a panic moving my arms around and making sure my face was working. I even went as far as getting up and looking in the mirror to make sure I could smile with both sides of my face! When I could do that, I decided that I must be having a heart attack, so I waited for the chest pains that never came. I think I even woke Steve up to tell him my left arm was hurting in case I croaked! At some point, though, my brain woke up enough to tell me that I was fine and I felt so dumb. That was a long stretch into CrazyTown, even for me. After I had a good giggle at myself I finally went back to sleep. The rest of the day was pretty much routine. Church, then on to my parent's house for a fish fry, and then back to church that evening. Steve got recognized (you'd betta recognize!) for graduating in December along with our friend Christy who got her nursing degree in May. I thought it was very sweet of the church to do that. They each got a nifty engraved pen and pen box! We also had a special youth centered service at night since they had just gone to a conference earlier that week. I remember those trips. Ahhhh, good times. After church Steve and I went out to dinner with Josh and we had to stop by Wal-Mart for some stuff. There was still a million people out shopping! It was nice to get home and finally go to sleep.

That's all for now. I'll Be Back.

No comments: