Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Dear Covergirl Cosmetics,

Last night, in a fit of cleaning that will probably not happen again for some time, I was in the process of cleaning out my makeup table when I found a tube of "Outlast" lip color that my mother gave me. It was a dark wine color with sparkles in it which seemed quite lovely. Since I can't ever seem to clean out this drawer without trying on at least some of the things I find in there to see if they are worth keeping, I decided to put some of this lip color on. Maybe it's because I'm pale, maybe it's because I never wear dark lipstick anymore, but I realized quite swiftly that the dark purplish color did not flatter me at all. However, I did not fret about it because I wasn't going anywhere and I still had a lot of junk in the drawer that I had to get rid of and I promptly forgot that I had applied the afore mentioned product. Fast forward to this morning when I looked into the mirror for the first time. Imagine my surprise when I saw that my lips were indeed, still purple. Having part of your face discolored is not a good thing to see when you are still in the squinty-eyed process of waking up from a deep sleep. After staring at myself for a considerable amount of time, I remembered that I had applied the lipstick and that was all it was. So I washed my face, nay, scrubbed my face to rid myself of the bad, unflattering color. It wouldn't come off. In fact, after washing my face and scrubbing my lips raw with a towel, the stuff would STILL not come off. While they are still purple, the scrubbing did manage to make my lips swell up to Mick Jagger-like proportions before I just gave up. I should commend your product because it does, indeed, stay on 5 times longer than other lipsticks. In fact, I've known tattoos that came off easier than your "Outlast" lip color. So thank you, Covergirl, for not falsifying your advertising. Now, if you know how I can get the stuff off, short of an acid bath, a la The Joker from Batman, I'd love to get that information from you.

Yours truly,
Kelly Pratt

In other news...

I listened to my very first podcast this morning. Well, not MY first podcast, but the first time I've ever heard one. Kenny has entered the world of podcasting with a delightful story of a visit to the local video rental place. Unfortunately for me, however, I now have the cursed "Mambo Italiano" song stuck in my head. This song was the bane of my existance during my stint as assistant manager of Pier 1 Imports. Not only is this a song that sticks with me, for some inexplicable reason it melts from "Mambo Italiano" to the theme song from "The Munsters" in my mind. So that's what I will be humming all day today. Thanks, Kenny. ; )

Yesterday I got a work order to make some stencils that are to be used to paint "No Jumping or Diving" around the edge of the "Concrete Pond" down at AC. Well, it wasn't so much a work order as it was "we need stencils" e-mail. Making the stencils are fairly easy, but only if I have certain information. So I e-mailed back and asked what exactly they needed to say, how big do they need to be, and how many were needed. Instead of telling me how many, he just said "enough to put one approximately 10 feet apart all the way around the lake." Um, yeah. Let me just go get my servey equipment and figure that one out. SIGH. Now I have to track down someone who can tell me the dimentions of the thing. Joy!

Well, I must move onward for now. I'll be back!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did the lipstick make you look like an exotic dancer?

Mary said...

I hate those stay-on-no-matter-what lipsticks! #1 - they don't really stay on. Eventually they start to peel off your lips and get all cracked and nasty feeling. #2 - they don't come off when you need them too! That can be nightmarish. They stain your lips and surrounding areas for at least a good 24 hours. But, if you should ever feel froggy in the future and decide to try it again (Because you KNOW you will eventually ;) ) try vaseline, it works!

Tae said...

Amy: If by exotic dancer you mean "Whore", yes. Yes it did.

Mary: Yes! Vaseline! Thank you. Because you are right, I will probably end up trying it again.