Thursday, August 17, 2006

OK, so you think Steve is this nice guy? Let me just tell you what he did!

Last night we were just about to go to sleep and got up to untwist my pajamas (because I hate it when that happens!). While I was up, he scooted over onto my side of the bed so that I couldn't lay back down. So I jumped over him and got onto his side. After a few minutes he said he was done and wanted me to move, but I decided I was going to stay where I was! He tried to move me, but I refused to be budged! I just held on to the blanket with my monkey-toes for dear life while he tried to move me. We were both laughing and trying to flip the other one off of that side of the bed when I ALMOST had him pushed off. He kept telling me he'd pull me off with him, but I figured that I would just land on him, so he'd still get the short end of that stick. Suddenly, in a move I'm sure he learned in some kind of Jedi ninja training, he grabbed me by the arm and flipped me, and I went sailing over him and off of the bed. I don't think I even touched the side of the matress while I was going over. I was kind of stunned, but still not ready to be beaten, so I pulled him off of the bed too. Unfortunately, I miscalculated my position and he fell on top of me. I had to drag my battered, squashed, and completely owned hide back to my side of the bed while he lay there and laughed! : )

What did I learn from this episode?

1) Remember that when you are trying to best someone who outweighs you by 80 or more pounds...MOVE OUT OF THE WAY, 2) never get involved in a land war in Asia, and 3) never go in against Steve when your side of the bed is on the line!