Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I've made a desicion.

I recently got some information about my friend, Sara, who is the girl who had the multi-visceral transplant. She keeps going back and forth between getting better, getting worse, two steps forward, one step back. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out anything that I could do to help her, but because she is down in Miami and I am up in Huntsvegas, I'm really not that useful. However, I still feel as though I need to do something.

Although I realize this is probably the most useless gesture ever, I have decided that I am giving up chocolate until she gets out of the hospital. Granted, this isn't going to help her, but she has lost out on so much that I don't feel right being able to do whatever I want. She has been one of my best friends since 7th grade, and if I can't be useful directly, I want to at least do something.

You probably think I'm being awfully self righteous to tell you all this plan. After all, sacrifices shouldn't be advertised, right? Well, fear not, I am not telling you this for your admiration. I'm telling you this because I need your help. Since I decided to do this, I have caught myself several times almost eating chocolate. I didn't realize how ingraned it was in myself until I tried denying it. So, if you see me about to eat chocolate: Stop Me. Seriously.

I thank you in advance.

No comments: