Thursday, March 22, 2007

PROLOGUE

I'm exhausted and missing more than half of my underwear.

Yeah, I know. That's a heck of a way to begin an entry on my blog, but it's true.

You'd think that with an opening like that, I must have had a wild start to my spring break, but I assure you, it isn't what you think.

For those of you who didn't already know, I just returned yesterday from a trip to Miami to visit my friend Sara, who is recovering from her multi-visceral transplant. I probably would have mentioned my trip before now, but we were keeping it a surprise. I'm really quite proud of the fact that I didn't slip up and say anything, because I am notorious for spilling secrets on accident. Since Sara reads this (Hey, Sara!), I had to constantly remind myself not to allude to the fact that I was going to be flying down to see her! So, if you've wondered where I've been for the past few days, I've been down in South Florida, partying with the locals! : )

I want to tell you about my trip, which involves adventure, intrigue, lust, anger, and a level of bad luck that would have caused most people to jump off of the roof. I want to tell you, and I will, but I still have a bad case of jet lag and I don't seem to be able to stay awake for long periods of time. Over the next day or so, I will tell you my story.

Stay Tuned.

No comments: