Monday, March 12, 2007

WEEKEND UPDATE!

I'm back with my weekend update! You know you're glad.

FRIDAY: After work on Friday, Steve and I had dinner with some of our friends that night. Well, some of our friends and two of our co-workers that I don't normally talk to that often. Turns out they were a lot of fun. We went to the Chili's not far from our house because it was close to the theater where some of them were going to see "300". I demurred on the movie because, quite honestly, I didn't care to see it. One semester of Greek history isn't enough to get me hyped over a movie about the battle of Thermopylae. However, the dinner was fun. Chili's crammed 6 full grown adult people into a table that was only meant to comfortably seat four, but they do that a lot. :P After everyone else left for the theater, I felt as though I needed some ice cream, so I went to Cold Stone and was able to find a non-chocolate kind that was good. As I stood there waiting for the disgusted looking ice cream person to mix it up, I looked behind me where some teenagers were dancing and being loud. Does it make me old to wish that they would just be quiet? I remember being that age, so I'm sure I have acted the same way at times, but bleh. Annoying. Anyways, I made it home with my ice cream in tow and enjoyed the last little part of my day by watching Scrubs. I love that show.

SATURDAY: I woke up earlier than I wanted to, but for a good reason. Steve and I were going to be helping Josh move out of his house that day. Yes, I know. He had only lived there for a little over a year, and his house was so cute! However, when you become a priest, you have to take all of those lovely little vows, and poverty is one of them. He sold his house in 11 days, which is awesome, and had to be out of there by that day. When we showed up, Josh's mom's husband and friends had him almost completely moved out. We all felt like we were in the way, but Shannon and I did end up packing his kitchen up for him. Steve and I had decided to buy Josh's dining room furniture to help him out (he has to pay off his debts before he goes to seminary) and also to replace our own old table and stuff. My parents gave Steve and I their old dining room table and chairs, which was about 33 years old, and it was all broke down. However, even though I already had set this up with Josh, he said that he sold it to the man who was buying his house! I was mad! Well, while we were there, the new owner tried to renege on his offer and not pay him for it in return for not making Josh fix two little problems he had seen with the house, but still get the furniture. Josh said no, so he offered it back to Steve and I. At that point I had decided that it was all for the best if I didn't buy it, and when I told Josh that, he got this wild look in his eyes. Apparently he is freaking out about paying off his bills, so I told him we'd get it after all. Yikes. After we had gotten everything out, Josh and I wallered on the living room carpet one more time. We made carpet angels. It was sad. :( Josh won't actually leave for another 5 months, but I'm already starting to miss him. But hey, I get to be buddies with a priest, so that's kind of cool, right? My little, pet Josh is growing up so fast! Once we left Madison, we ended the day with dinner at Cracker Barrel with everyone sans Josh. It was chicken and rice night after-all.

SUNDAY: First off, let me say, I hate the spring forward part of daylight savings time. I don't mind the extra daylight we supposedly get, but I hate losing that hour. Steve and I woke up with a not-enough-sleep hangover, plus we didn't wake up on time to ride to church together. Steve had to leave for orchestra practice and I drug myself around in an attempt to get ready. I was a little late, but I made it! My friend Christie brought her baby to church for the first time, and she is a cutie! I didn't hold her, and Christie (who made me swear I'd get over my fear and hold her anyway) didn't mind. She has those First-Time-Mom fears of letting Lily out of her sight. Color me relieved. I'll hold her when she has more bones in her head. :) After church, Steve got an e-mail with a problem at work, so I traveled on my own to have lunch with the family. When I got home, I fell asleep again (my allergies are killing me!) and then finally got up in time to do my take home exam for theater history. Fun Stuff.

Oh! I finally got to talk to my friend Sara this morning after I don't know how long! Well, talk may not be the word, but I chatted with her until she got called away. At least I think she got called away. She stopped talking to me, anyways. She told me that she may have to have another whole graft again because some of her new parts aren't working! That really sucks, but I'm still praying for a miracle, so I know it isn't completely for sure yet. I just hope she heals soon and can come home again so I can see her. : ) Miami is too far away.

Also, did you know that a self cleaning oven really self cleans? Steve had made a pizza some time ago and oil or something had dripped onto the bottom of the stove. When I tried to make biscuits the other day, the fire alarm went off and I had to open almost all of the windows and the door on that end of the house! So, for the first time, I set the thing on "Clean". I expected that whatever was on the bottom of the oven would burn off and I would have to clean out the ashes. However, when I went back and opened it up, the stuff on the bottom was GONE! Completely disintegrated! I'm pretty sure that if I had been able to see inside, little elves or something were busily cleaning all of that goo away. Something tells me that I shouldn't be so amazed by this, but I can't help it.

No comments: