Monday, April 27, 2009

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) I am sunburnt! Do you know what that means? I actually went outside! :) Saturday, Steve and I spent a great deal of the day doing outside work. We mowed the lawn, washed my car (and I had forgotten what color Lois actually is under the dirt) and pressure washed the sidewalk. I had sprayed on some sunblock before we went outside, but I apparently missed some spots because my shoulders are red. It's funny to see me with tan lines. I have that lily-white, southern belle skin and all, you know. :) It was actually a nice day. We worked outside, then we grilled some tuna and veggies on the iron giant. The one lone spot of not-so-greatness was that I apparently got very dehydrated without realizing it, and spent the evening feeling kind of yucky. However, some popsicles and gatorate took care of it after a while. My sunburn is currently in the itchy stage, so I can only thank heaven that I had the foresight to wear pants!

2) Steve got me tickled at the grocery store and in church this weekend. Saturday we went to Fresh Market (which I love, but will someday cause me to go bankrupt) and in the pork section of the meat case they have a pig sculpted out of raw sausage and it has mini tomatoes for eyes. Normally I would probably think it was cute, but the eyes follow you as you walk by, and it is kind of creepy. It's like it's staring at you, taunting you, daring you to pull of a delicious chunk and eat it. I walked past it as usual, trying not to be creeped out, when Steve stopped and pointed to it. He asked me "Do you know what that is?" I said "A pig?" Steve said "No. That's the sausage that you'd save by switching to GEICO." I'm not quite sure why that was so funny to me, but it made me laugh. At church, our pastor's sermon was titled "Pirates" and the title, along with the text, was projected onto the screen before preaching actually started. While I was looking up Colossians 2, Steve leaned over and whispered "and next week, we'll learn about Ninjas!" I snorked in church. I hope it didn't disturb too many folks. :)

3) When I came to work Friday, my boss was in my office rearranging things. Now, my office is not some kind of inner sanctum, sacred to me and me alone. However, it's still my office. I'd like to think I have veto power of someone coming in and moving stuff out and around. Sam has been in a weird mood lately and has been cleaning and rearranging like mad. He says it's because they are having to revamp the way signs are being made and I'll need more room to have the things we are using. However, I have a whole room just off of my office for storage, so I'm not sure why he feels the need to come in and restructure. Oh well, better him cleaning my office than me, I suppose. I just wish I had some kind of say on where things go. I have a system, for heaven's sake! :)

4) Anyone have a "Hawaii" quarter I can have? I mean, I'll trade you another quarter for it, so it's not like I'm just asking for money or anything. It's the only quarter I don't have in my State Quarter book, and it's driving me crazy. Normally I'm not that OCD about things like this, but I have been doing so well about collecting them that I hate to have one missing at this stage. Also, not having that one quarter is also preventing me from adding the plastic insert that protects the others and keeps them from falling out of the page. Can a sista get a quarter? :)

5) Logan, my oldest nephew, turned 15 last week. He makes me feel so old! I was 16 when he was born, and I clearly remember thinking that when he got to be my age, I would be 32 years old. I also clearly remember thinking that 32 years old was a LONG way away. He got his permit and everything. Steve and I got him a keyring with his name, and "Slow Down" engraved on it (along with his cash) as a gift, and he actually seemed really happy about it. In fact, he jumped up and hugged both Steve and I and said thank you, which is something he's never done before. I mean, he always says "thank you", but he says it from his chair. After that something got in my eye and I needed a moment to get it out, so I'm not sure what happened after that. :)

1 comment:

amy said...

Jon and I crack each other up a lot, even when we're supposed to be mad at each other. I think that's the best thing we've got going for us.