Wednesday, April 01, 2009

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) I keep hearing about some McDonald's commercial for Filet-o-Fish that has a catchy song on it, but I don't think I've seen it yet. It may be for the best, if the song is of the brainworm variety. Am I just not watching the right channel?

2) Tuesday I had a brief come-apart after finding out that I had to, once again, stop everything I was doing and start a whole new project for another inconsiderate nit who our administration sucks up to because she's married to someone with money. Trust me, it's not the work that bothered me, it was more the fact that she asks for ridiculous things at the last minute and we always have to roll over and do it because no one wants her to complain to hubby. It's infuriating. What made it worse was the fact that she knew she needed these things that she asked for 3 weeks ago, but she didn't ask for them until two days before she needed them. She actually asked for something much more complicated, but my co-worker talked her down from that and we managed to make her something much more manageable. Had she asked for them a week before she needed them, I wouldn't have gotten angry. I just hate having to kiss ass around here, but if I want to keep my job, I have to. It's asinine.

3) I'm finally going to get to talk to the COO about getting part of the Enterprise built in time for the movie opening! He's the man who tells everyone what to do, so I'm going in armed and ready. I hope we have time to do what I've been thinking about, but it may end up that we just paint the windows of the booth again. Oh well, if we don't get to fancy with Star Trek, at least I can put in my efforts on getting ready for Harry Potter! Yay!

4) I've been busy lately doing a rather tedious job. I mentioned last week, I think, about my boss bringing me a ripped up diagram of some sort and wanting me to make a new one. He said that I could just pop it into Photoshop and clean it up and add in the bits that were missing, but I realized that when it was scanned, he either accidentally moved it or something glitched, because it's not aligned properly in some places. I'm actually trying to recreate it in Illustrator, and I think I'm doing a fairly competent job at it so far. I just hope that I don't go through all of this trouble and the image get slapped on the backside of the thing where no one can see it!

5)The moonbuggy races are today and tomorrow, and I hate the fact that the entire place is taken over. I mean, it doesn't affect me very much, since I'm in the ghetto penthouse up here, but it's just so LOUD. :(

6) My sister's house was broken into last Sunday, and the wretched souls who robbed them took a lot of the boys electronics and my sister's jewelry box. She's really upset about everything else, but especially because my father's topaz ring (the one that was as much a part of him as his wedding band was and it was what my mother gave to Logan because he loved Papa so much) was in there. She is just sick about it. I wish that it would somehow turn up, but I'm fairly sure it's been sold or sent to one of those "cash for gold" places and melted down. It makes me so angry that people do things like that and have absolutely no concern for anyone but themselves. I miss my dad so much, and now something of his was stolen and either sold to someone who has no idea how it important it was or destroyed. It hurts my heart. I wish I could get my hands on whomever did it and just beat the snot out of them. Seriously. I wish I could hurt them in a way that they wouldn't ever do something like that again to anyone else. It's just too bad that vigilante justice isn't legal because I'd certainly learn ways to make people cry. I have been fairly intolerant of people's bull shit over the past year, and I hope I can get that under control before I really do snap on someone. I don't want to go to jail!

7) I've been listening to the book "Rebecca" by Daphne du Maurier (?) lately and I had forgotten how much I liked it. I had read it before, but I guess I wasn't paying close attention or something because I'm enjoying a great deal more than I did the last time. The one thing that irks me, and it's the same thing that irks me about most movies or TV shows, is that if the people would just talk to each other and be honest about stuff, most problems would be avoided. Oh well, if they did that, most books and movies would be very short!

2 comments:

Kenny said...

You guys should check the local pawn shops for the family stuff. Its a hassle, but you never know. Might turn something up.

In happier news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD64OhbG4ps

amy said...

Rebecca is probably my favorite book ever.

The movie was good, too, but Hitchcock wimped out.

I hope the ring can be recovered. That is really awful. Mom still mourns a family heirloom that was burgled from her house before I was even born