Friday, April 10, 2009

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) When I went to the *ahem* lady doctor the other day, he asked me "Are you going to have children? You ARE in your 30s now." Now, we all know I hate when people ask me that, but since he is the doctor who would really care about these things, I just gave him the standard answer I give everyone when I choose to be polite about it. After I got home and thought about it, the fact that he said "You ARE in your 30s now" began to peeve me. I know that health-wise, it isn't safe to have children after a certain age, but come on. I'm 31! It's not like my ovaries have cobwebs on them yet or anything! At any rate, I didn't want to have to explain my life and my reasoning to a person who doesn't matter, so I just told him no, I'm not planning on having any, and he left it alone. I was glad. Oh, but on a good note, he didn't ask me any weird questions during my exam this year. He must read my blog!

2) I'm finally getting to start on my graphics for the new Star Trek stuff that will go in the IMAX lobby. However, this new movie is different in a lot of annoying ways (design wise) from the old series on which it is based, so I'm never sure what stuff I should use. Mostly, I'm just sticking with the actual old school stuff, J.J. Abrams be damned! However, I did spend about an hour and half yesterday making an old Romulan symbol before fully realizing that it is so old school that most people won't have a clue what it is. Oh, well. It's fun for me, though, so I'm not going to complain too much. Yet! :)

3) The new Space Camp Podcast will probably come out soon, if it isn't out already. Our awesome web guy has been super busy with complicated web page stuff, so it has taken a bit longer than it usually does. This time I explain how a microwave was invented and how it works! It's real Masterpiece Theater stuff, I tell you!

4) I bought a whole box of cereal yesterday just for the prize in the box. If you eat Frosted Mini Wheats and you care very little for Star Trek, I wouldn't mind taking the "Beam Up Badge" off of your hands! I mean, if you happen to find one in your box. :) I have the Command emblem one right now, so I still need the Science, Engineering, Romulan Empire & Klingon Empire ones for my collection. I'm just sayin...

5) Happy Good Friday, everyone! Hope we can all keep in mind what this weekend is all about. However, I still firmly believe that Jesus doesn't have a thing against chocolate, so don't feel bad if you indulge a bit. It IS a celebration, after all.

6) I don't know how many people have seen this commercial or not, but there is a new Burger King commercial out there where Sir Mix-a-Lot has revamped the lyrics to his most memorable "song" so that he can shill for the new Spongebob Squarepants toys that come with the BK kids meals. He now likes Square Butts, rather than big ones. Oy vey. All I can do is say: Sir Mix-a-Lot, you are nobility! A knight of the realm. Have some dignity. Please.

7) I keep having dreams about people I went to high school with, but haven't seen in years. It happens almost every night, and it's starting to get weird. It's not even about the same people, but it's always someone that I was friends with back in the day, but lost touch with. I wonder if that means I'm going to hear from some of them soon?

No comments: