Monday, March 08, 2004

Chocolate=Nightmares

I feel so silly. As some of you know, I've been having the violent nightmares that had left me with this horrible sense of doom even after I've woken up. After one particular dream, I was do depressed that I didn't want to get out of bed or go to work! Well, I sat back to see what could possibly be causing these nightmares. I didn't know if I was having prophetic dreams (which I'd had before, so don't laugh) or if it was some kind of chemical reaction in my body due to the meds I'm taking. Okay, so here's what I came up with. On the days I wasn't taking my diet pill, I would get a strong craving close to bedtime for something sweet. Since Ms. Rhonda sent both Steve and I a Whitman's Sampler, I would just grab one or two chocolates and have them before I went to bed. Those were the nights that I had these nightmares. I thought to myself "That's kind of stupid, why would chocolate give you nightmares!" So I decided to do an expirement. Josh gave me a box of Godiva (which makes him my favorite man for this week) as a late birthday present. So I decided last night to eat a piece before going to bed, just to see what happened. Sure enough, I had another nightmare (albeit, it wasn't as bad as the others had been). Apparently, chocolate before bed is a no-no for me now. Now that I know what is causing them, I think it's funny! : )

No comments: