Thursday, March 18, 2004

How Funny!

I was just reading about a bill that has been proposed to protect fast food resturaunts from getting sued by people who are overweight. Are people really doing this? How awesomely stupid! I don't know about you, but I know when I go to McDonald's and have a Big Mac, I'm not exactly looking out for my own best interests health wise. Trust me, I've seen the nutritional info on what they serve...and I still eat there. It has been delegated to a guilty pleasure, of course, but I know what I'm doing when I'm there. What do these people say when they go to their lawyers? "Um, yes, I am morbidly obese and it's because I eat fast food for every meal. However, it's not my fault. I can't resist the call of the french fries! Every time I went in there, a pimply fry cook would overpower me and stuff a burger in my mouth! I'm almost positive that someone is taking fat and injecting it directly into my butt!" I mean, come on people...you're going to sue some place that is completely innocent of harming you? What garbage.

You know what else...they'd probably use their winnings to go to Burger King and celebrate.

No comments: