Saturday, March 13, 2004

I HATE POLITICS

Since I turned 18 and was allowed to vote, I have only voted in one election of any kind. Most people think I'm crazy when I tell them that. I realize that it is a priveldge to be able to choose the people who run our government, but frankly, I haven't found even one politician who I respect enough to vote for. I can't stand election times when all you see on tv and hear on the radio are those one sided, hateful, advertisements that don't so much tell us what the politician in question stands for as it just puts down the opposition. I think I would be more willing to give a rats behind if just one man or woman who wanted to run for office would just bring forward what they are going to do and what they stand for instead of these childish playground tactics that I've always seen. I can respect an opponant that tries to win on their own merit rather than trying to make the other guy look worse than him/her. I don't like that the "Lesser of the two evils" is the way we are persuaded to choose who runs our country. So there. Nyeah.

No comments: