Monday, January 24, 2005

Kenny Smith

You know what, I'm just going to leave that link there. I'm tired of erasing the HTML links that appear when I hit the "Blog This" shortcut button. Go read his blog, he's interesting.

Anyways, time for my weekend update! Woo-Hoo!

Saturday I had the day off. It was wonderful! I had so much planned to do, like washing dishes doing laundry, getting groceries. Did I do any of it? Of course not! There was a Stephen King mini-series-athon (is there such a thing?). We watched Rose Red and IT. In short, I did NOTHING productive at all. The only time Steve and I moved from the living room that morning was to go get breakfast. That evening, we had plans for dinner and a movie with his parents, so we finally did get ready and left to meet them. We saw the movie "National Treasure" and I loved it. I love movies where the main person has to follow clues. I mean, it was sort of a rip off of "The DaVinci Code" but it was still good. I don't even like Nicholas Cage, but I think he did a great job with this movie. I was telling a friend of mine that I would love to have an adventure like that, but I can't even play Myst without the cheat codes, so I doubt I'd get very far.

Sunday morning I woke up and it had snowed! I couldn't believe it. It wasn't much, but it was so pretty. I love snow! Steve and I didn't know how the roads were going to be, so we stayed home until about noon and then we went to my parent's house for lunch. I was fine until right before we left, and I got sick. I honestly think I have a sinus infection or something that has been making me sick by turns. I usually take a pill or something, but I didn't yesterday and I could tell. By the time we got home, I could barely move. I stayed in bed and watched TV until Steve got home from church. Then I got up and made some Ramen noodles and a peanut butter sandwhich. Note to self, let's not have that again, ever. Did you know that if you leave Ramen noodles in a bowl for a few minutes and let them cool, they stick together in a bowl shaped lump making it impossible to eat them? *shudder*
Anyway, we also watched "Monk" and I have to say, I miss Sharona. I hated that she had to leave, but I think the new girl will be okay. I'm willing to give her a chance! One particular thing about the episode of monk that made me laugh was that they were in a museum where there was an exhibit of a moon rock that people could reach in and touch. We have a moon rock in the Space and Rocket Center museum in a lucite box-within-a-box display and as far as I know, no one but the astonauts, NASA folks and the curator that put it in that box was ever allowed to touch it, and I doubt anyone who pays THAT MUCH for a rock from the moon is going to let anyone with dirty hands touch it. Of course, then I realized what a dork I was for thinking that. SIGH. I also pick apart movies that take place in shuttles and in space. I am indeed a space dork. I've been tainted with the knowledge I've amassed from working here.

No comments: