Tuesday, January 04, 2005

You know, I think it's great that all these celebrities are donating so much money to the tsunami relief fund and all that, but it's kind of...I don't know...tacky to have the amounts published. Granted, it's not exactly the celebrities fault it keeps getting brought up, but when CNN keeps it as one of their Top Stories, it's a little much. It's like giving someone an expensive gift and telling everyone how much you spent on it. It is enough to know they donated, don't you think?

On another note, I've been listening to a LOT of NPR, which in my opinion should stand for No Patience for Republicans. I have never in my life heard such biased reporting. They take every single chance they get to insult the president and anyone who is conservative. It's gotten to the point where the only reason I listen to them is because all other radio stations around here have very little news on them...too much Britney, not enough Breaking News. I do, however, like the "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" and "Car Talk Shows", and that's what keeps this station on my buttons. Another reason I still listen is because I'm kind of fascinated at the way EVERYONE who reports news sounds like an android. Even the local lady who does the station breaks sounds like she's broadcasting from a library and doesn't want to disturb anyone. It's always almost whispered "You're among friends here at NPR, National Public Radio, this show and others like it are brought to you by I Hate Conservatives Inc. and from listners like Dr. and Mrs. Ungiggitygiggitybaba on their 53rd wedding anniversary. Up next we have Martina Chang and her views on how horrible it is that some people don't approve of homosexuality."

No comments: