Saturday, January 01, 2005

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Yay! *Fireworks, Confetti, Clinking Glasses and Etc.*

We were invited to a get together at Josh's house last night and we had so much fun! He and Steve had just gotten back from Gatlinburg at 6:30 last night and we were scheduled to go over there at 8:30. I had been cooking since I got home from work yesterday, and I was kind of scared that he wouldn't have food, so I went overboard making and buying everything I could think we could eat and we headed over. Turns out we had tons of food (half of which never got eaten. Eh, that is a party risk we take after all.)

Anywho, we ate and played Trivial Pursuit 90s Edition, which my team apparently sucked at. You'd think in the decade I spent my formative years, I would have remembered more. Time went by so quick that we didn't realize it was almost midnight, so we had to jump up and grab the fireworks and run outside. The men lit the big fire works, and Shannon and I got to play with sparklers and those little snappy-pop things that you throw on the ground. We Almost caught the house next door on fire a couple of times, but luckily that didn't happen. By the time it got to be midnight and I kissed every guy who didn't have a date (On the cheek, you perverts!), we finished up our fireworks (which we realized that would go off underwater due to the magnesium - very cool) and went back inside to sit around the table and pick at the food. After that we all got changed into our jammies because it was a sleepover party- didn't want to be on the road with the drunks and all- and they turned on a movie. Since I had to come into work this morning, BOO HISS, I was the first to fall asleep.

I had to jump up this morning and try to get ready fast, but there was no hot water at all, so I didn't get to take a shower and I officially feel gross! I felt bad for running off, because we were supposed to have breakfast with everyone, but I woke up so late that we had to leave. Of course, I actually eneded up being early, so I rushed for nothing!! I never realized how used to a routine I was until I woke up in an odd place with no alarm clock or whining dogs. I'll be missing my grandmother's annual Hog "Jaws" and Black Eyed Pea lunch, but it's my own stupid fault for forgetting what day today was and agreeing to work. I also somehow ran off with Greg's cell phone in my purse, so now he's got to come by the house and get it from me.

Well, anyway, I hope you had a wonderful New Years Eve expirence, and I hope you have a happy and blessed new year! : )

No comments: