Wednesday, January 26, 2005

woot

Interesting site...

Anyways.


Yoga...bad...yoga...hurt.

You'd think that basically standing in one place and stretching your arms would be easy. I've been doing pretty good in my yoga class so far, but yesterday I thought I was going to die. We only learned one new move, called "the tree", but just doing the routines we've already learned kicked my rear. I limped out of there feeling like someone tried to pull of my leg. I felt better once I got home and sat down for a while, so I didn't think I'd have any more trouble, but I woke up this morning and everything hurt. You've heard the phrase "muscles I didn't even know I had hurt?" I finally, truly inderstand it. I mean my ankles, chest, and even my armpits hurt! And this morning, I got to work just fine, but while I was walking to the copy machine, my big toe suddenly committed suicide and I had to take my boots off. Oy.
I am also afraid one day I'm going to break out laughing while we're doing our routines. It's hard not to laugh, but either everyone in the room has more control over their laughter than I do, or no one else has a sense of humor. It's the names of things that kill me. Here is what we've learned so far: Child Pose, Standing Mountain, Downward Fold, Monkey Stretch, The Plank, The Cobra, Downward Dog (that's my favorite. I saw Butler do it the other day.), Open Triangle, Pyramid, the Warrior Positions, and the Tree. Don't get me wrong, I love doing Yoga, but it gives me way too many chances to embarass and hurt myself. I'm so not graceful, but amazingly enough I'm more bendy than I knew. : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey it's me your engineer friend. I wonder what would happen if, while in the "downward dog" position and the class is focused on the move and all is quiet, if from some corner of the room a faint bark is heard?

Tae said...

You realize that I will now never get through another Sun Salutation without completly losing my compsure! I laughed all the way to school thinking about that!