Thursday, September 22, 2005

I DON'T WANNA GROW UP...

Last night we had so much fun.

Steve, Josh and I went to dinner at Carrabbas at Parkway Place mall and completely acted goofy during the whole meal. Normally at least Steve will retain some dignity, but even he was being silly. We had some good food, we laughed, and we even got the waitress in on it. Somehow, something got messed up with our order, so we got a free dessert that we all shared. It was so nice to just not have to worry what anyone thought. Unfortunately, because I went out, I didn't do my Algebra homework, so I skipped class today. See, I shouldn't be allowed out on a school night! SIGH.

I also got a call from an old friend, Jordan, whom I haven't spoken to in a really long time. He was calling to check on our friend who is STILL in the hospital. We ended up talking for a long time, and it was nice to catch up. He now has his PhD and is a professor at Jacksonville State University, and married with two kids. Yeah, he made me feel both old and unaccomplished. Oh well, I always knew he'd be successful, so good for him!

I got my haircut last night, much to the chagrin of my husband. He doesn't like short hair on women, but after I explained that I was just getting the dead ends cut off, he calmed down. I've finally got all the black dye cut out, thank goodness. I don't know what I was thinking when I dyed my hair that color! I'm probably going to color it again sometime, but it definately won't be black ever again. I'm too old to look goth.

Speaking of goth...I took my Medieval Art exam yesterday and I think I did okay. I mean, I don't think I'm going to be making straight A's, but hopefully I'll pass it fine. I remembered all of the churches and relicquaries and whatever, it will just all depend on weather or not my teacher will like my essay style. Keeping my fingers crossed on that. I think I've also found a subject for my research paper, but I will have to see if I can find some good scholarly articals on it. The southern wall fresco in the Giotto Arena Chapel in Rome will be what I work on unless I can't find any acceptable information about it. Let's hope that isn't the case.

Well, I need to get to work!

No comments: