Monday, September 12, 2005

I learned yet another thing about myself this weekend. It's something I've been struggling with for years, and it's painful for me to admit, but I feel it's important to let everyone know.

*dramatic pause*

I really, really, really, really, don't like football.

Maybe it's the fact that I don't understand it, maybe it's the constant marching band flashbacks it makes me have, but I can finally say it without waffling. I DON'T LIKE FOOTBALL!!!!!!! Thank God that Steve has buddies who will watch it with him because I think if I ever have to sit through another game...ever...I might actually come to the point where I grab a sharp object and poke it as far as it will go into my eye socket. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's stupid to watch and like football, it's just my personal feelings about it. Maybe if I had gone to a college with a team, I might feel differently, but I doubt it. As a child, I always cheered for the team my dad cheered for (Alabama) and as I got older I cheered for the team from the college where most of my friends went (Auburn), but now that I don't have any type of emotional attachment to any college (at least until one of them gives me a freakin' diploma) I couldn't give less of a hoot unless I just didn't hoot at all. I have finally stoped hooting! Steve and I painted the living room on saturday, and he had a succession of college games on all day: Auburn, Georgia, Alabama, and I think he even went searching for LSU. I listened and kept up with what was going on, and except for the really awesome catch by the dude from Alabama, I don't think I could tell you anything that happened. The only thing that I enjoy about watching a game is seeing the yellow line that they put down on the field to keep up with downs (I think). It's just amazing to me that the players can step on it and it doesn't go over their feet!

Anyways, enough about that. I truly hope that all of my football fan friends will forgive me for that.

As for the rest of my weekend, it was...busy. Well, friday night wasn't so bad. Steve and I went to a birthday party for the girlfriend of a guy he works for. I was so out of my element! I didn't know anyone except for the birthday girld and her boyfriend, and at one point I looked up and was absolutely alone! Something happened at his work, so Steve, boyfriend, and other computer guy were gathered around a laptop and everyone else knew one another so they were talking. I was in the middle of a circle of empty chairs! Heeheehee. I think girlfriend felt sorry for me so she asked me to move down and she and I chit-chatted about stuff until Steve was ready to go. We also went to dinner with Josh and had coffee at BAM. I finally found another place that will make a coconut mocha latte, and a great one, at that.

Saturday was busy with painting and cleaning. The living room looks lovely, the kitchen and dining room looks much better, and the bathrooms are a lot less scary. I also worked on my lithography project as much as I could at home. That's pretty much all we did on Saturday.

Sunday was church and I left Steve behind to have lunch with my family. I love my family! They let me be weird without telling me to be quiet. I spent most of the afternoon looking at a coffee table book of seashells with my nephews. Towards the end of the time I was there, they had me giving personality to the shells in the pictures by doing voices in different accents for them. After a while of that, all of my accents start to sound like Rosie Perez! I left their house and had to get groceries and stuff at Target, and when I got home I did Algebra homework. I am now officially the most boring person alive.

At some point, I did actually start working on the new format for my home page, so hopefully that will be done soon.

I've got to get back to work! Ciao!

No comments: