Thursday, September 29, 2005

Isn't it enough that I can't go and see a movie without having to sit through one of the commercials? Now there is a giant billboard on my way to work, featuring the asinine FANTA girls. Well, it isn't so much the girls on the commercials, it's the freakishly catchy jingle: "You look hot in all that plaster, drink some FANTA, faster, FASTER!" Oy vey...

I'm freezing! Guess who walked out of the house today wearing a sleeveless top? Steve said it was cool, but I thought he meant it's "cooler" than it has been. I didn't know we would be getting a brisk northern wind that has required me to wear the only jacket I had with me, my paint stained lab coat. I look really cute in my nice office clothes and my smock. : )

I'm going to be starting on my research proposal tonight. I think I've finally got everything pinned down. I hope so anyways. I don't think this semester can end soon enough for me. I'm weary...not just tired, weary. Not only that, but I've been too tired to wax my eyebrows. You can always tell how busy I've been by the state of my eyebrows! People are beginning to yell "Heeeeey Burt!" at me when I walk down the halls. heeheehee.

I haven't heard from my sick friend lately. Her dad said she was comming home last friday if nothing happened. I don't know where she is or how she is, so I hope I hear from her soon. I would call her dad, but I'm too embarrassed. I called one morning and pulled him out of court. His phone isn't very loud, so I didn't hear him say he was in court, so I just kept on talking to him. He had to cut me off and tell me again what he was doing. He probably thinks I'm a half-wit. : ( Keep the prayers up for her, if you don't mind. As soon as I know something, I'll let everyone know.

OH! Yesterday I found out that the maintenance crew will be buying a couple of small fountains for the SpRocket, and they want me to paint them! Granted, I'm just turning what used to be golf balls into planets, but I'm still excited! I've always wanted my work to be in a museum. Funny, this isn't exactly how I pictured it...

No comments: