Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I'm supposed to be studying for a history exam I'm having tomorrow, but I keep going off on tangents. I shouldn't have had that caffeinated grapefruit juice. Yes, it does exist.

As a study guide, I've been looking up stuff on the Book of Matthew and the Infancy Gospel of James. The book of Matthew I'm familliar with, the other one - not so much. Isn't it strange how certain things made it into the bible, and other stuff didn't? I guess the IGJ didn't make it because it didn't directly deal with the formation of Christianity, but it was interesting.

I've also decided I'm going to Conneticut! Well, okay, I'm not actually going, but I'd like to. Apparently at the Yale Univeristy Art Gallery, they have the remains of one of the first Christian worship houses there. I'd love to see that. Of course, I sincerely don't see myself going to CT ever, so I'll probably just have to look at it on the internet. I think I'll be okay with that.

I haven't been very productive since I got home today. I've painted my toe nails and finger nails, watched a show called "Bones" and talked to my cousin Cheri on the phone for a while. Apparently I'm not meant to study, but I'll get it done before I go to sleep. I hope.

I had such a frustrating day! I thought it would all be gravy, because everything I had left to do at work is on hold while I wait for supplies. I'm thinking, cool, because I had class and knew it wouldn't be a very productive day anyways. The first thing I got was a forwarded e-mail that someone had sent my boss asking for more labels for plasma screens that were donated to the SpRocket. Needing more lables wasn't the problem, but the subtle insinuation that I had asked someone else to do my job was what bothered me. I can't help it that I'm short and don't have the proper keys to open exhibits. Dang it Jim, I'm a designer, not an exhibit maintenance man! So I have to explain to my boss that I wasn't being a slacker. Then one thing after the other comes in with the wrong word on it, or a word that was seperated, or a misspelling. Suddenly I'm eyeball deep in stuff I've got to fix, and no time to get it done before my printing class. I think someone, somewhere out there, has stolen my good day mojo. I will get it back, oh yes, I will get it back!

Okay, enough of this. I need to get to work.

No comments: