Friday, September 02, 2005

Never in my life has a soft bed and air conditioning been so uncomfortable. I don't know if what I'm feeling is some kind of survivor's guilt, or what. I woke up this morning at 3:00 am, and all I could think about were those poor people who need help. I had to get up and otherwise occupy my mind.

I don't want anyone to think I'm playing the oh-so-sensitive heart bleeder here, because that isn't it. I guess I'm just wondering why I was blessed enough to live in a place where our biggest inconvenience was a few downed limbs and a power outage, when there are babies and old people suffering down there. I don't really feel that it's fair. I don't at all mean that I would want to be in their place, and I hope I never am, but somehow it doesn't seem fair. I guess widespread terror and devastation rarely does, though.

No comments: