Monday, September 26, 2005

Weekend Update!

Steve and I left early from work on Friday so that we could take a trip to GA to visit his cousins. It seemed to take us forever to get there, but we finally made it to Canton by 10:00, I think. We stayed with Greg and Kristin and their little girl, Grace. We had a very nice time. Saturday, we went to a thing called Riverfest, which is an arts and crafts festival, similar to Panoply, but not nearly as big, and we went to Williams Brothers BBQ for lunch. Poor Kristin was sick the whole time because she is pregnant and for some reason stays nausiated. I felt bad for her having to be out! When we got back, Greg and Steve grilled hamburgers and we ate while we watched the Georgia/MSU game. I know, I know, I threatened to stab my eyes out if I ever watched another football game, but unfortunately for me they have a small child and don't leave sharp objects just lying around. : ) Actually, it wasn't that bad. Greg is fun to watch when a Georgia game is on. Kristin also lent me a book, so I kept myself entertained. After the game, we attempted to play a game, but we were all so tired that we didn't stay up for long. Sunday was a lazy day until the afternoon because we had a small birthday party for Katie, Amy and Jon's little girl. It was good to see everyone again, because I probably won't get to see them until Thanksgiving due to school.

Grace didn't know what to think about me at first. I look a lot like her mom, so the first thing she said to me was MA-ma? It was funny. The rest of the day she just looked out of the corner of her eyes at me and said "Hey". By Sunday morning, she had decided I wasn't dangerous, so she let me hold her and we watched TV together some.

They also have a herd of bulldog puppies from their dog Petunia. They were so cute! I tried getting one into my luggage, but it was too wiggly. They were like little wrinkled paranah, all traveling in a group and gnawing the heck out of anything that stood still long enough!

At any rate, we really enjoyed our trip!

No comments: