Monday, March 06, 2006

Boy, that was stupid!

Yesterday morning I got up early so that I wouldn't be late for school. I went ahead and ate breakfast, which I rarely do, because I didn't want to be starving to death by the time my first class let out. Of course, that didn't help at all and I ended up leaving early so that I could go get a muffin. Seriously, all I wanted was a blueberry muffin and only a muffin was going to do! I drove across town to go to a place that I knew had muffins, and I got one plus a giant mocha latte. Pretty much, I got busy and that's all I had to eat or drink all day. I forgot that little fact.

I worked about an hour late and I went to the gym. They've changed my workout program and put me into the next level, so everything is harder and heavier. I did everything, even the cardio part, and when it was time for me to go I felt fine. I knew I needed to stop at Wal-Mart and pick up some stuff before I went home, which I did, and right in the middle of the sock and underwear section, my mind went blank. I couldn't remember why I was there. I needed neither socks nor underwear, of that I was sure, but I didn't know what I had come for. I also started to get really, really flushed and dizzy. I decided that whatever it was I was missing in my basket wasn't that important, so I bought what I had and drove home. By the time I got home, I couldn't see very well and I couldn't walk straight. I also couldn't focus my mind, and while Steve was talking to me I kept losing the thread of the conversation. Apparently I had become dehydrated to the point of passing out, and if it hadn't been for Steve telling me to sit down, I probably would have fainted. I finally got some water and made myself eat dinner. I'm glad I went home when I did. Can you imagine passing out at Wal-Mart? Yeesh.

No comments: