Friday, March 03, 2006

Speaking of dreams...

I had another one that is still bothering me. Not quite like putting the baby in a drawer, but still weird. I dreamed that I found out how to go back in time. I could only go back once, and I chose to go back to save my grandmother from getting killed in a car accident. So I made all of these arrangements and knew exactly what I needed to do and where I needed to go, but when I got to the past, I kept getting stalled. I looked at my watch and realized that I needed to be at the place, so I ran to get there, but when I did, the accident had already happened. I started running between all of the emergency vehicles and screaming "There's nothing I could do! There's nothing I could do!" I just kept repeating that, over and over. It was scary. I just felt so helpless and sad, and I woke up feeling that way. Yuck. The weird thing is that my grandmother died of cancer, not in an accident, so I don't know where that came from! Strange.

Anyways, I ended up not going with Steve down to Birmingham last night. I still felt horrible by the time work was over, so I decided I would go home, have dinner, watch my two shows and go to sleep. Unfortunately, fate had other plans. Well, it was not so much fate as it was Steve. : ) He had to stop by his parent's house to pick some stuff up, but remembers at the last minute that he doesn't have the key to their house, I do. So I have to turn around and drive into Madison to open and lock the house. The twenty or so minutes we spent looking for his parent's stuff is probably the most time we've spent together in a week! He's been working a lot, so at least I know I'm not being left at home because he's having fun! : ) I got home at about 7:00 and did everything I had planned and fell asleep around 9:00. I remember Steve coming home, but I have no idea if I made send when I talked to him. Somehow I think he gets a kick out of hearing me not make sense. Who can blame him, though, right?

Do you remember when I told you I was crocheting a poncho like Martha Stewart had? Well, I got done with the main part of it, and it is HUGE. It's less like a poncho and more like something from Chattanooga Tent & Awning. Apparently, I made it using the "plus-size" pattern. Oops. Now, I'm not a little skinny thing, and I'm not unfamilliar with plus size clothing, but I don't think their idea of plus size and my idea of plus size are the same. No wonder it took 10 rolls of yarn! At any rate, I'm not too disappointed. Even if it looks like I made a "Kelly Cozy" rather than a cover-up, it's still nice and soft and snuggly. If nothing else, it'll be a nice blanket I can wear around the house. Now I just have to make some slippers to even it all out!

Wow, I'm boring myself. I'm going to go! : )

No comments: