Thursday, March 16, 2006

Sorry for the lapses in posting. I'm sure all two of you who check my blog on a regular basis are going through withdrawl or something! : )

It's been hellaciously busy for me at work these last two weeks. Yesterday I was finally able to start on the biggest project that I had on hold, and I finished it this afternoon! Woo-Hoo! We are running a "Save the Saturn V" fundraiser and I had to make a bunch of posters and stuff for advertising, 57 of them at last count. Please, go and buy some coffee in the groovy pouch my friend Rodney designed and help us restore that big rocket that's laying down in the back of the park!

I also stabbed myself again. You know, no one should ever get to the point of such flippancy to be able to say something like that and not be upset about it, but alas, that's where I have come to. I had just changed my blade out yesterday, when my mom called. I still had the blade in my hand when I sat down to talk to her, and when attempting to take the blade out of my left hand, I jammed the blade a 1/4 of an inch into my right palm. Oh....I wanted to say curse words so bad, but my mother was on the phone with me and I couldn't! It didn't bleed much, but it hurts like a heifer-dog!

We thought Rhonda was going to get to come home today, but they had to do another minor procedure on her again which has set her ETA back to "we don't know". Nothing really terrible, thank goodness, but they thought she was having a bad reaction to some of her meds, and they were going to put a filter into her femoral (?) artery to keep her from geting blood clots or some such thing. I swear, by the time she gets home, with all of the plastic and silicon she will have inside of her, she'll be like the Bionic Woman. *insert obligitory nananananananananananana sound here*

Steve took me to see his new building last night. I have dubbed it the Starship Westar-prise. I wish I could explain why, but I'm not allowed. It was...interesting. I will say, however, that I may look into becoming a corporate interior designer. Apparently you don't have to be that talented and from what I could see, it's a possibility that they let you drink on the job. ; )

Well, I need to get back to working!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its um... www.savethesaturn.com, general fyi..


--jason