Thursday, March 02, 2006

I'm so tired. Literally so tired I almost can't function, but I've got too much to do to take a nap. Besides, my boss frowns on me sleeping while on the clock. : ) It might be because I didn't sleep well last night. I had this nightmare that I had a baby and when I brought it home, I just put it in a drawer and forgot about it. Several (dream) days later, I remembered it and panicked because I hadn't fed it! When I went looking for it, I couldn't find it. I had to wake up and remind myself that A) I don't have a child, in a drawer or otherwise B) I don't have anything with drawers to put it in C) The baby would have cried if it was hungry, helping me to remember it was there. At any rate, I woke up feeling like I didn't sleep at all. The only chocolate I had anytime close to when I went to bed was a frosty from Wendy's, but that was way earlier. I suppose it still could have caused it. Ick.

Being back to work has kept me busy. Everyone seems to have waited until monday to tell me about stuff that they needed IMMEDIATELY. I mean, there were people here who could have done some of it while I was gone, if they needed it that quickly, but everyone seems to be on some kind of schedule that requires me to do what they want RIGHT NOW!!! It's like I'm working for a whole bunch of Varuca Salt clones. My favorite order came from a lady in Marketing. She needs 52 signs by the end of next week. I can do it, but I wish I had known about it on Monday rather than yesterday. It's a good thing I like my job!

Steve has been so busy lately that we haven't had a chance to go to the gym. I could go alone, I guess, but our gym isn't exactly in the nicest part of town, so I'm too scared to go alone. Hopefully we can start back next week.

Steve and I plan on going back to see his mom tonight if nothing happens. If I don't feel any better, I don't think I should go. If I have caught something rather than just interrupted sleep, I don't want to give it to her. She's already been sick as well as recovering from her surgery, and the last thing I want to do is give her something else to keep her there longer. I talked to Mr. Lee last night and she says that she's slowly but surely getting better, but that she may still have to have a feeding tube when she comes home. I think he's worried that he won't be able to take care of her, but I think he'll do fine. They will have nurses to come and help, and they will teach him what he needs to do. I just wish she'd get better soon. She's been sick for so long.

Well, I need to get back to work. Enough of this time wasting. It's such a beautiful day though, I may have to go out on the roof for a while. I love the spring! I just wish that it wasn't indicating that it's about to get hot again. Boo!

No comments: