Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Urg. I'm glad that I finished my soup.

I just randomly followed a link called WeirdMeat.com, which is, of course, a blog about some guy who travels around trying different kinds of weird meat. I'm all about trying new things, but good Lord. I got down to the duck embryos before I almost yarked on my keyboard. See how far you can go.

I guess it's about time for my WEEKEND UPDATE!

Friday was my last week day of freedom before returning to work. I was going to take full advantage of it, but I had errands. I did, however, have one of my random organized days, so I took care of all of them quickly and efficently. I probably won't have another one of those days any time soon! I just sat around the rest of the day. Steve was off with some friends helping them do some work. I'd like to say I acomplished something, but I don't think I did! My memory is kind of bad! : ) At about 2:00 am, after fighting sleep and crocheting, I was just about to go to bed when I became enraptured by Iron Chef. I don't normally watch that show, but it was amazing. I didn't get to sleep until about 3:45 am.

Saturday was more interesting. Josh and I spent the day together. He had gotten his new furniture in and wanted to show it off. Unfortunately for him, I was the only one available to come and see it. We had a nice time, though. We went to some thrift stores to look for interesting stuff for his house, we went to the bookstore, and he made lasagna for dinner while we watched movies. We said Grease 2, which is such a bad train wreck that you can't help but watch it and sing along, Skeleton Key, which is a pretty good horror movie...very creepy, and PCU, which I had seen before but Josh hadn't. I like that movie, but it is VERY early 90s. Droz, who should've been
very cool, is getting less cool and more annoying as time goes on. I guess we've all known people who think that they are so world wise that they can give long speaches and everyone is so bowled over by their insight, but I think I'd have to tell this guy to blow it out his ear. I do still like Gutter, though, and George Clinton is always cool.

Sunday, Steve and I went down to Birmingham to visit his mom who is STILL in the hospital. She seemed really out of it, but Mr. Lee was glad to have some company! Steve and he went to lunch while I stayed with Rhonda. She mosstly slept while I worked on my crochet project. I know they aren't trendy anymore, but I am making myself a poncho like the one Martha Stewart wore when she got out of prison. I say, if it's good enough for Martha, it's good enough for me! The main difference is that her poncho was gray and mine is this bright-bright-bright multicolored puffy yarn thing. I love it. I was concerned that I looked a little to pumpkinish, since the yarn looked predominantly orange to me, but when I asked Steve he said that I didn't look like a pumpkin, but like "A strawberry....no wait, a bowl of salsa!" Wow. I look like salsa. I'm not sure how to take that! : ) We left late in the afternoon and came home to do some stuff for Ms. Rhonda & Mr. Lee's and then we came home.

Monday (which isn't a weekend day, but I'm updating you anyway!) was busy. I had school, work, school again, work again, and then I went home! : ) I made a 75 on my history exam because I missed every single one of the fill-in-the-blank questions! I felt like such a reject. However, she did write on my exam and tell me that my essay questions were well thought out, so I guess I didn't do as badly as I thought! When I got home, I was puttering about when I walked past the house-to-garage door and heard water running. I knew for a fact that I hadn't started the washer or used the sink out there, so I got nervous. I opened the door and I could hear the water, but not see it. I was confused. So I walked over to the water heater and it was POURING water out of the overflow pipe. I immediately thought that I had done something, but since I hadn't used hot water since I came home, I couldn't think of what it could have been. I had to call Steve and interrupt him at work to ask how to turn it off. It wasn't until this morning that I remembered that the utility company was upping the water pressure in the neighborhood and apparently our heater couldn't take it. I had at least one good chance to make a "She can't take the pressure, Captain" joke, but Steve wasn't amused. I swear, by sense of humor is waisted on him sometimes!
: ) Well, we got that taken care of, so I can take a real shower tomorrow morning! Yay!

No comments: