Friday, February 17, 2006

Random Acts of Blogging

* Last night I was in Birmingham again, visiting Steve's mom. She had been moved out of ICU, but was still hooked up to all kinds of tubes and things. Although I didn't see any signs of it, I think she had a morphine pump hidden in there somewhere because she was goofy! I stayed with her while Steve and his dad went to dinner, and she talked incessently about things that didn't connect. I know I shouldn't find levity in this, but it was funny! She's already feeling better than she did before the surgery, and she's been thinking of food a lot. This is something that she hasn't been able to do without getting sick since early November. We gave her some gifts and stuff, one of which was a stuffed dog she named Grace Muffin (and I wholeheartedly believe that I will be reminding her of the name when she comes home) and she mumbled to it for a while. By the way, when did Doctors start looking so young?

*For those of you random folks who still don't know, and the majority of you find my blog by doing Google or Yahoo searches for this, Martha Stewart went to jail for purgery. She lied while under oath. Lying is bad. Don't do it.

*I've got so much to do, and never enough time to do it. You'd think that when I've had this week off, I would have accomplished some important things, but I haven't. It isn't for lack of trying, but time goes by so quickly when you aren't watching the clock.

* So, you wonder the real reason why I hate Valentine's Day and my birthday so much? I'll tell you some time, when I have a whole day to devote to it. I will go ahead and say the birthday thing isn't because I'm getting older (pretty silly to fear the enevitable), and the Valentine's day thing isn't because I'm single or bitter towards men. It's a post for another day. : )

*The dogs are such weirdos. I opened the back door this morning to let them out, they saw rain, and they said...I don't think so. Currently they are in their kennels making sad whining noises and looking uncomfortable. I wish they were the kind of animals I could let loose while I was doing other things, but they tend to get curious and eat random things.

*I think I may bake something today. I'm not sure what, but I feel a Betty Crocker moment coming on! Woo-hoo!

*I'm swiftly beginning to realize that there are some people who aren't worth making such a fuss over.

*Anyone want to come over and do my dishes? Anyone? Please?

*Oh yeah, when we went to Shogun the other night, our chef was apparently high or something. He was funny and entertaining, but not without the help of narcotics! He spent more time talking to the table behind us than anything, but it didn't bother me that much. At least he didn't throw food at me. I was one of the few. : ) If you've ever eaten there, you know you have to kind of get to know the strangers who are also seated around the same grill thingie with you since it's hard to talk with whomeever you are there with. There was this woman and her husband sitting at one of the corners of the tablethat we had talked to breifly, and she kept looking over at me. Finally she said, "I hate to stare, but you look so much like Kellie Martin!" Hmmmmm....I guess so. I mean, I used to BE Kelly Martin, so I suppose I might still look like her a bit. : ) Actually a lot of people say that, and I guess it's true. I just haven't been on as many Lifetime Television Made for TV Movies as she has. Steve about shot rice out of his nose when she said that. Ahhhh, good times, noodle salad.

No comments: