Wednesday, February 08, 2006

What a blah day. Not a bad day, just blah. Do you ever get those?

I enjoyed my history class today. We were looking at naked statues! : ) Nah, I'm not that much of a perv, thankyouverymuch. We were looking at votive and funerary statues. The men were nude and the women clothed. Over-clothed actually. Isn't it funny how times have changed? Now it's the women who are mostly naked and the men who wear a lot of clothes. I wish I could go back in time and see what these things originally looked like. While there is definate beauty in the plain stone faces and white marble, it would be great to be able to see them how they originally looked, painted and fitted with gold and bronze. Probably my biggest problem with the past, is that the artwork never seems to come to me unscathed. :( Danged Persians! They couldn't just rape and pillage...nooooooooo. They had to break everything too!

Don't you hate it when you are super hungry and you get something that looks and smells really good, but you taste it and it's disgusting? That happened to me this morning. I grabbed some of what I thought was vegetable beef soup from the caf today, and it looked great. However, on closer inspection, I don't think those pieces of meat were beef. Honestly, I can't even say they were actual meat! I only had a few bites before I gave up and ate a week old bagel with peanut butter. So now I'm hungry all over again, and I need to decide what I'm going to fix for dinner. Whee.

I forgot to mention I now have a MySpace.com page. I don't like it as much as this blog because it's needlessly complicated and confusing. I got it originally so that I could subscribe to a blog by an actress I like (from The Office, no less) but you have to be a member to do that, so I joined. There is one thing about it that makes me feel kind of bad. You have this little section where you have your MySpace "friends". Basically it's where you keep links to the accounts of people who agree to be your "friend". What you do is go into their account, hit an "Invite" button, and then when they get your invitation, they either select "Agree" or "Decline". It's got a little counter that tells you how many you have in there. For a while, mine said "You have 0 friends." Talk about an ego deflation! I finally have 8 people in my friends box, 2 of which I know, 5 of whom are actors on that show, and 1 whom I'm pretty sure came from some kind of "be my friend" mass mailing list. Shoot, I'd take those instead of "You have 0 Friends" anyday! : ) It should say "You have 8 people who felt too bad to say no to your request!" LOL!

No comments: